Best thing to do in Freeport?!

onecutemoocow

Hello everyone! I was wondering what everyone else does while in Freeport. We are leaving in 6 days but were there 5 years ago and went to a free beach and I can not remember the name of it. We are beach people and will have teenagers with us. Any suggestions???

We rented a car and drove around various parts of the island. The highlight was going to Lucayan National Park (not Lucayan resort). The beaches there are very pristine, and free of tourists; we had the beach to ourselves. The underwater caves are not to be missed.

http://www.bahamas.com/vendor/lucayan-national-park

http://bnt.bs/lucayan-national-park/

Edited by brunello22

We rented a car and drove around various parts of the island. The highlight was going to Lucayan National Park (not Lucayan resort). The beaches there are very pristine, and free of tourists; we had the beach to ourselves. The underwater caves are not to be missed.

That is a great idea. Any recommendations on who to rent from. There is a local company at the port and Avis at the airport that will pick you up.

Also need to come up with an itinerary as we will only have about 5-6 hours to play with.

That is a great idea. Any recommendations on who to rent from. There is a local company at the port and Avis at the airport that will pick you up.

Also need to come up with an itinerary as we will only have about 5-6 hours to play with.

I believe we rented from Avis at the airport. We had two days on the island, so we had plenty of time to explore.

There are some other nice parks and beaches on the island; you will not be disappointed!

Here is a link to some of the other things to do on the island:

http://www.grandbahamavacations.com/things-to-do/

Edited by brunello22

Does anyone have recent information on Taino Beach (Resort). Is there a beach and then also the resort. Can you go to one and not the other. Is it free to get in to the beach part. Can you then rent loungers. Can you pay a fee to enter resort - to have use of pools? Price to get there and back, prices to get in... etc. If they let you in resort, does it need to be booked ahead.? Is there another beach with pool that has affordable access fees? Going in Feb. Hope it will be warm enough for pools/beaches! :eek:

Hello everyone! I was wondering what everyone else does while in Freeport. We are leaving in 6 days but were there 5 years ago and went to a free beach and I can not remember the name of it. We are beach people and will have teenagers with us. Any suggestions???

We booked a jeep excursion through Carnival a couple of years ago and loved it.