Barbados: Closing time?

toliver

We are considering an excursion that takes up most of the afternoon in Barbados, it seems that from what I have read that most shops etc. close aroung 6 p.m. will we miss seeing some of the sights? Does anyone know what time things close up? Thanks!:)

Actually yes, many of the shops in Barbados close up between 4pm and 5pm during the work week. Friday's some open until 6pm and on Saturdays times range from 1pm - 4pm. This would mainly be those in the Bridgetown area. Other stores and locations outside of the main Bridgetown area close later, but it depends on the stores. Supermarkets stay open until anywhere from 8pm - 10pm. and again this depends on whether weekday or weekend.

Oh how I would love for stores to be open longer and later, but also some open at 7 and 8am as well.

When are you in Barbados and on what ship??

• 3 weeks later...

hi.. we're on the Legend with you -- I was going to do an excursion in the afternoon, but wanted someplace fun for dinner that night since it is New Year's Eve....

suggestions??

(and we'll be traveling with our 14 and 17 year old daughters, so it has to be somewhere somewhat appropriate!)

Thanks!

sunniebgi is correct most stores do close at 5 pm on weekdays, recently in the bridgetown area they close at 6/7 p.m. on Fridays.

December 31 is New Years Eve OR Old Year's Night as we call it in Barbados so it maybe open a bit later than usual on this night.

reefshoe it is about 6:00 here now local time and I can actually still see the Destiny from my house. I believe it will leave at 6:30 p.m.

Not sure why they changed the inteniary but I believe the Golden Princess also comes in on this day as well and they may have to share time(just a guess I really and truly don't have a clue:confused::D)

• 1 month later...

Archived