Weather in med (Barcelona, Italy and Croatia) in June?

We are unsure how to pack for our June 06 Med. cruise. The weather averages we have checked dont tell the whole story. Are we talking Phila./New York June weather or warmer????:confused:

thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

When we did that cruise in 2003, June had record highs in Europe and it was above 95 every day!!!! Brutal for waiting in lines! I remember I had the whole family dressed in white for our afternoon in Pompeii, hoping it would help keep us cool! We're going again next June and I'll pack like I would for any other summer vacation. Light colors, light fabrics. I can't imagine it will be that hot again but who knows. Don't forget a sweater for the ship. The dining room always feels chilly to me.

Think June weather in Southern California...

Most of the Mediterranean ports are in the same climate zone as Southern California (Basically, the Mediterranean climate, around the world is limited to the following: Southern California, central coastal Chile, the area around Capetown, South Africa, the area around Perth, Australia and the following Mediterranean areas--coastal Spain/Gibraltar/Morocco, most of Italy and Greece, Israel, and coastal Tunisia and a few other small areas around the Med)...

It is a unique climate...Very little rainfall year round but what rain there is usually comes between October and April...Summers are warm and very dry...VERY low humidity...blue skies

June weather is warm, DRY and near perfect...

Bring summer clothes...shorts, T-shirts...COTTON fabrics...maybe a hat for shade...Bring sun block...

Don't bother with rain gear or anything heavy...

2003, BTW, was the hottest summer on record in Europe (We were there in August that year!), but not typical...

You're going at a perfect time...pack light...

Enjoy...

Archived