Spring Break Question

Bethwte

I know, spring break questions get asked once every 2 minutes, but I searched for an answer to this already and didn't find one, so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping this isn't a repost. My family and I will be cruising on a March 18th cruise on the connie. I know that at least some colleges have spring break then (because it is my spring break from ohio state, hence the reason we're cruising then). However, it is 8 days, and repositioning (from San Juan to Cape Liberty, NJ). I am thinking this would make it more like a regular cruise than one during a spring break time because of those factors. Does anyone know for sure? I will be 19, and would be happy either way (with kids or not), but my parents are curious. Also, if there are going to be children, should I expect older ones (high school/college), or younger ones? Thank you in advance.

I think you'll be surprised how many spring breakers you'll fhave on your trip. Our family has cruised out of San Juan twice on spring break and are doing it again this year. Our kids get 2 weeks spring break, usually in March, and we couple a San Juan cruise with a pre-stay in one of the beach resorts in Puerto Rico. In 2004, we cruised Connie out of San Juan and it had tons of families on it.

Even though it's a re-positioning cruise, most of the cruise is your standard Eastern itinerary (St Thomas, St Maarten, Nassau). Families such as us that prefer X over RCCI and CC wouldn't hesitate to take this cruise. We wanted to cuise X this year for spring break, but weren't thrilled with the itineraries for available cruises during our break so we're doing Serenade OTS out of San Juan.

Most likely correct.

It would be hard for a spring breaker to think enough to fly into San Juan the cruise back up the east coast.

Spring breakers are more into land and sun than the ocean.

You should be able to find a few people in your age range.

I (jokingly) take offense to that! I'm such a vacation lover, even at the ripe age of 18 (and soon to be spring breaker). I've planned my families last four cruises. ;) I think I'm the exception though, and not the rule ;)

I think you'll be surprised how many spring breakers you'll fhave on your trip. Our family has cruised out of San Juan twice on spring break and are doing it again this year. Our kids get 2 weeks spring break, usually in March, and we couple a San Juan cruise with a pre-stay in one of the beach resorts in Puerto Rico. In 2004, we cruised Connie out of San Juan and it had tons of families on it.

Even though it's a re-positioning cruise, most of the cruise is your standard Eastern itinerary (St Thomas, St Maarten, Nassau). Families such as us that prefer X over RCCI and CC wouldn't hesitate to take this cruise. We wanted to cuise X this year for spring break, but weren't thrilled with the itineraries for available cruises during our break so we're doing Serenade OTS out of San Juan.

Quick follow-up question to your answer (thank you very much for the helpful answer by the way). What kinds of families, lots of little children or did you just mean spring break kind of things? My little sister is 10, so kids around that age would be nice to. Thanks in advance :D

Stay clear of the entire month of March and April if you want to avoid spring breakers. It's that simple. You can't go on who's out when because every college is different and you might get only a few out but they may have a lot going and you could get a bunch out and only a few going. You can pick the week to go, the ship to go on and where to go but you will never be able to pick the other 2000+/- people going with you (unless you charter the whole ship and invite your guests). Same goes for small children. Some weeks are heavier than others. You have home schoolers that can go anytime.

Stay clear of the entire month of March and April if you want to avoid spring breakers. It's that simple. You can't go on who's out when because every college is different and you might get only a few out but they may have a lot going and you could get a bunch out and only a few going. You can pick the week to go, the ship to go on and where to go but you will never be able to pick the other 2000+/- people going with you (unless you charter the whole ship and invite your guests). Same goes for small children. Some weeks are heavier than others. You have home schoolers that can go anytime.

I think you misunderstood... I am in fact a spring breaker. I don't want to avoid them, I was just wondering if there would be anyone my age or not.

I (jokingly) take offense to that! I'm such a vacation lover, even at the ripe age of 18 (and soon to be spring breaker). I've planned my families last four cruises. ;) I think I'm the exception though, and not the rule ;)

Quick follow-up question to your answer (thank you very much for the helpful answer by the way). What kinds of families, lots of little children or did you just mean spring break kind of things? My little sister is 10, so kids around that age would be nice to. Thanks in advance :D

Last year on the Connie, my kids were 10 and 14. 10 year old daughter made tons of friends. Most of the "spring breakers" were families with school aged children. You'll definitely have students your age as well - just keep in mind that X is more relaxed then RCCL or CC. Don't expect a 24 hour a day party atmosphere, but families with students of all ages looking to relax.

Archived