What is the lastest on the Murder case on the Brilliance of the Sea?

Did I miss something? Are they officially calling it a murder now :confused:

Call it what you want. I've been a criminal investigator for 28 years and all the evidence I've read point to foul play.

You could well be correct, but I would hope that as an experienced "criminal investigator", you have examined the "evidence" firsthand and not relied on news accounts or some of the information found on internet boards before coming to this conclusion.

• 1 month later...

I'm not concerned at all. If I was, we wouldn't be cruising anymore but then both my wife and I are up in years enough that I don't think anybody would be interested in us. Also, we don't drink. I'd like to know just how much alcohol had to do with the disappearance.

200601291700_13.gif

Is anyone concerned that since 1998, Royal Caribbean cruise line has had two people aboard their ships missing?:eek: Both of these cases are unsolved .

Unfortunately, a cruise ship offers opportunities to get away with murder in many instances. This is not a new thing neither are unprosecuted rapes. It just seems that the circumstances are right for Washington to get involved to set some guidelines for crimes against US citizens at sea. It is similar to environmental matters, such as dumping of garbage, etc. It may be an issue whose time has come.

I'm not really worried about going missing. I don't think the cruise line is involved in the fact that the people are missing. On the Brilliance, I don't know why it wasn't reported immediately, but from what I understand on the Jewel, it was reported immediately after the search of the ship was complete.

Is anyone concerned that since 1998, Royal Caribbean cruise line has had two people aboard their ships missing?:eek: Both of these cases are unsolved .

No not a single bit.

2 persons in 7 years with more than 3 Million people cruising every year on RCCL is not a lot. Though it´s more people missing for sure.

But I´m still absolutely not concerned.

Just in googling this subject, I have come up with 16 passengers reported missing since 2000. In one 11 month period, Carnival had 5 passengers reported missing. I don't think the problem is limited to any one cruise line, though. I remember sitting on my balcony very late one evening. It was so quiet and very dark. I thought, "Gosh, if someone wanted to commit a murder here, it would be so easy. Husband or wife has too much to drink, it's 3:00 am, over the rail they go, and the spouse has several hours for the ship to travel before they actually have to report them missing." It was a sobering thought. I'm sure it's happened at some point.:(

I would bet that as with any foul play, the MAJORITY of the time, the perpetrators are known to the vicitm vs. a total stranger randomly attacking someone. I really don't worry about it. I trust my husband and I don't walk around a cruise ship (or anywhere for that matter) by myself really late at night or too early in the morning.

Considering the numbers of people who cruise each year, I'm actually surprised this doesn't happen more often.

Archived