Quick info needed re purchasing RCCL stock

waylook

Hello everyone,

We very excited to be leaving on Thursday (11/10) for a Constellation sailing. :D I have decided to open up a Roth IRA account and would like to purchase RCCL stock. Is there any way to purchase it two days before sailing and get cabin credit? Also, since an IRA is for individuals only, can my wife and I show each of our holdings towards the 100 shares?

Thanks for you help fellow cruisers.

You do not need to own it for a year. However, it is my understanding that you need enough time to obtain proof of the ownership of the 100 shares and to fax to RCCL prior to the sailing. DH purchased about 6 weeks ago and I think it took him a couple of weeks to clear it, but he waited for his proof of ownership which took a bit. Check out this thread as it contains some valuable info that may help you to expedite - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=247826&highlight=stock

Our broker faxed us proof of ownership which we faxed to Tensi. Though we did not receive confirmation of our credit, it was there when we cruised.

As cruise2end stated, you do need to own the stock for a year. You do need to own it when you cruise. There are some excellent threads on this topic, you might want to check them out. They include Tensi's e-mail address. She is wonderful at responding to questions.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived