Just off the Wonder! Dec 2nd-9th, review will contain details and spoilers!

Gardeneroflove

Travelers:

me- sahm, 9th cruise, 3rd dcl

Dh- 10th cruise, 3rd dcl

Odd- age five, not yet in kindergarten, 5th cruise, 3rd dcl, 1st allowed in club without us, she wanted to meet Sofia and protect her sisters from Captain Hook.

Twins- 11months, breastfeeding, not sttn, 1st cruise since birth

This first part is text heavy and not many details of changes yet. I still need to unpack my camera and upload pictures but it's late and my kid is sleeping in the room with my computer. This review will not contain any pictures or information of Quiet Cove or any adult areas or entertainment. .

We made it our hotel around midnight. I stared at the beds, we didn't think this through. Dh was totally 'no worries, I got this' and he move a mattress to the floor for me and babies.

Friday! Hotel breakfast - nothing awesome. First on our agenda after breakfast was Target.

Second was build a bear at rainforest cafe. Note, this is not a full size build a bear. They did have bears, but mostly rainforest animals, no character type bears or animals. No worries, kid picked out a bear and clothes staying within her $50 budget. Rainforest Cafe looks cool and I think next year we will do the ride.

Finally, parking! Dh dropped me and babies off at port. He found a porter, unloaded luggage, tipped $10 for our 6 bags plus stroller (I overpacked), then he left to park the truck. We discovered last cruise it's much easier/faster for us to not to deal with shuttles and luggage. Since this is our first time traveling with twins/3kids I wasn't sure what we'd need or use. We had two ergos and two umbrella strollers. We never used both strollers. We each wore a baby, or wore one and had the other in the stroller.

Boarding no issues, no wait times, we had to take babies out of carrier, they dumped out sippy of water. We head to check in. Odd- "where's my bag?!" She left it in the truck. Her dolls were in her bag. Her doll that's been on four other cruises, the same doll who Chip and Dale held. Dh left us by the chairs, off he went to parking. It started to rain on his way back with her bag.

They were unable to get a family picture since we had babies and a five year old so she did one at a time. Then off to wait in LONG line for kid's band (our only long line), under the impression the line on the ship was longer-wrong. There was no line at the table on the ship outside the kid's club. Note-the kid's activities started at 1:45, if I remember correctly. Pay attention, many character appearances and interactions in the kid's club/lab. (More details later)

Rather than scanning our kttw card and saying welcome back last name family they asked our last name and just said welcome last name family.

We went to get Gingerbread house tickets at port adventure as soon as boarded but they were already gone. We Ate lunch at Cabanas-Triton's had closed. I completely detest buffet dining with kids. It's stressful and a pain in the butt, making trips, taking turns. I run get drinks, food for kids, then Dh goes gets his food, then I get mine, get kid more/different. It was busy and finding seats was hard. I don't remember what any of us ate. I don't really take pictures of most food. Staff was very helpful. We never had an issue getting two high chairs.

Our Room, 8588. was ready with some luggage waiting, but no diaper genie or pnp. Only one bed rail in the closet. I unpacked some since kid's pool/splash pad were closed while we waited for muster. Once again we were in AP, so not standing in cold! Only one member of your stateroom needs to check in. Once muster ended, they allowed us, those with littles or in need of assistance, to leave first. Another- This is why we cruise Disney moment.

Due to rain the sail away party was moved to the atrium and only lasted maybe 10-15 minutes. It wasn't the full character fun we had on prior cruises. I was disappointed. The kid pool and kid's splash pad were closed, we headed to club open house. Not Impressed with new kid's club. Andys room not as cool/fun as pirate ship. Orkin's trading post was lame. More details later. Dinner was at Tritan's. If you have early dinner, 5:45, you will miss tree lighting. Kid and Dh caught it because they leave early.

Our room was not ready after dinner. I was annoyed. Turns out she was waiting to find out which beds we wanted. We decided on allowing the five year old top bunk, Dh on the couch, and me with babies in the bed with the rails. Our host wasn't happy she needed a second rail (requested months ago and I verified online) or that she needed to put them on the bed. I wasn't impressed with her overall service, but no issues or complaints.

Room service! The menu is on page 60 of the book. I've been waiting and dreaming! The mac n cheese was gross. Not the yumminess I remember. 😢 The Mickey bar, however, did not disappoint. My cookie was only one cookie and not warm. We tipped $2 each time and noticed shorted than expected wait times.

As this was only my second cruise on the Wonder, some things I mention may not be new, but were new to us.

No more Dopey chocolates on the bed, it's Ghirardelli now! The gold coins are still left on pirate night.

Shutters is completely digital. Scan your kttw card and your pictures will appear. They are water marked so no taking a picture of the screen. No more hours hunting for your pictures.

Dining-

Cabanas- has hand washing stations on both sides. They have real ice cream too! (We either forgot or didn't know) I'm not impressed with the soft serve ice cream so I liked this option.

Triton's- I didn't notice any changes but I'm not familiar enough with the menu. Last night was oysters, lobsters and mint chocolate chip sundae.

Animator's- walls were updated to include the newer movies, yet still kept the classics. Night one was changing of the colors. I'm not sure if the show was the same or not. Night two (or last if 3rd) was completely different. When you arrive your drinks, kid's/baby's food, bread will not be waiting for you. At each place will be a sheet of paper with instructions. Once you draw your person and they are collected, drinks/bread will be brought. Your drawing will be scanned and animated on the screen. At the end, the credits will show your name. After the show the papers will be returned with a seal.

Tiana's Place- Tiana and Louis (?) are there and live music each night. The Second night (or last if 3rd time in rotation) is Mardi Gras-I wish I knew as my kids have tutus and shirts for Mardi Gras. They do a little parade/dance through the restaurant. The kid's menu are an instrument. The dessert menu lights up if you press the top left. Beignets are on the menu-skip. I took a picture and laughed. They was only a slight sprinkle of powdered sugar!

Overall atmosphere was fun and entertaining. The food was ok. We did the three Louisiana rum tasting, only because we live in Louisiana.

Daisy's - I'm told is new/redone, but I don't remember what was there. They offer sandwiches, wraps, fruit, cookies, salads, then soups and noodle bowls made upon request with ingredients of your choosing.

Pinocchio’s Pizzeria- has soft pretzels on sea days only. They were 'out' our last sea day.

Room Service- the Mac n cheese is different. I remember greatness in a bread bowl but I may be confusing my cruise lines. Either way, the Mac and cheese was gross to all five of us.

In general the food is ok, nothing fabulous but no one went hungry. I kept trying fancy desserts or what looked good and I was never impressed. I did enjoy the sundaes, cookies and Mickey Bars!

Dory's Reef.

The lifeguard told odd No toys allowed. Dory's is PERFECT. A covered, enclosed splash pad for non potty trained, swim diapers allowed, and under three's. If the Aqua Lab (kids pool and splash pad) is closed due to weather or accident the life guard will allow older kids in Dory's but keeps it under 8ish. They try to be a little more flexible. We had rough waters, bad weather, a spill and an accident. The Aqua Lab was closed more than it was open. It was open last sea day until Dh and odd showed up, (he checked) then three minutes later closed.

DSC_7957_zps282nhkw1.jpg

DSC_7959_zpsyiadbfxr.jpg

Water comes out of the wall

DSC_7982_zpse58viczg.jpg

My twins loved Dory's Reef. They played, laughed and crawled all around grabbing for the water. The second door is closed, only one in/out! It's like they KNEW I'd be returning with twins

DSC_8042_zpsiusf1u0p.jpg

DSC_7960_zpswo8icakt.jpg

DSC_7978_zpsyin7j9jp.jpg

Edited by Gardeneroflove