Belize zoo or other shore excursion

top of the world

We are traveling with my 2 sons, wives and 3 grand kids, ages 1, 3 and 4. We were hoping to go to the Belize Zoo, but the excursion that Princess offers is 6.25 hours including a bus tour through Belize City, visit to a monkey sanctuary and lunch. My DIL said there is no way her 2 little boys will sit through all that!

Is there a way to get to the Belize Zoo on our own? There would be 6 adults and 3 little children. We could probably talk to taxi drivers on the pier, but it would be better to plan ahead of time. From what I understand it is quite a distance driving to the zoo.

Any suggestions as to something else we can do in Belize with 3 little children?

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks! :)

Goff's Caye!

Husband and I took our two boys there - I believe they would have been 3 and 6 at the time. Great shallow areas for them to play, snorkeling - all of this on a tiny island in the MIDDLE of the ocean! Highly recommend [emoji4] https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g291968-d2073909-Reviews-Belize_Cruise_Excursions_Goff_s_Caye_Beach_and_Snorkeling_Tour-Belize_City_Belize.html

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We really wanted to go to the Belize zoo but were turned off by the haggling cabbies that accosted us when we got outside the "safe" area. It's about a 30 mile drive I guess and the least expensive cabbie quoted us $80. I get it, it's pretty much an all day thing for them. Still, we opted not to go. Just didn't get a good feeling about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by TejasPenguin