Vista or Allure

cwmcaa

Taking our adult kids (24-27 yrs) on a cruise and right now I have both the Vista and the Allure booked. I can't decide which would be more fun for that age group. Has anyone been on both of these ships and might share some insight with me? I am posting this on the RC page also.

Appreciate all your help!

Edited by cwmcaa

We are Carnival cruisers, but we did try Oasis this year, and LOVED it.:D

It was a little too big for us, but we loved so many other things about it.

Vista is NOT getting stellar reviews.

When we booked our cruise for June, we knew we wanted to go back to Carnival.

Started doing some research, and after seeing reviews and pictures of the Vista, I decided on the Magic. We've been on the Breeze twice, and they are sister ships, so she'll be similar.

DH and DD were shocked that I didn't go for the brand new ship, and are still kind of bugging me about it. LOL. I am not backing down.:D:D

Just not a fan of the Vista atrium and that they've made everything smaller.

The theater is just 1 level now.

The comedy club is smaller than before ( how is that even POSSIBLE? )

Let us know what you decide, and happy sailing!!

If you have not sail on an RCI Oasis Class ship yet then my vote goes to the Allure. It really does have the WOW factor. I was on the Allure with my DS and DIL, both in their 20's, and they had a great time. They really enjoyed the Aqua theater shows, snuggling on the carousel, and the night life.

Edited by dacsmom

Depends. Is money an issue?

Yes, money is always part of the equation. The Allure deal I got was about $200 more per person for a 7 day cruise than the Vista for a 6 day itinerary. The Vista is one of the concert sailings (Jay Leno) so I don't know if that might have increased the price a little bit.

I like the Vista ports more (Ocho, Grand Cayman, Cozumel) verses Allure's (Labadee, Falmouth, Cozumel). But, I would like to try the big RC mega ships at some point too. This is one of those good problems. :)

Yes, money is always part of the equation. The Allure deal I got was about $200 more per person for a 7 day cruise than the Vista for a 6 day itinerary. The Vista is one of the concert sailings (Jay Leno) so I don't know if that might have increased the price a little bit.

I like the Vista ports more (Ocho, Grand Cayman, Cozumel) verses Allure's (Labadee, Falmouth, Cozumel). But, I would like to try the big RC mega ships at some point too. This is one of those good problems. :)

If you can live with spending an extra $800 then give the Allure a try. Haven't sailed her myself but going on the Oasis in 3 months just to try it.

I have been on the Magic, Oasis and ALLURE.I was actually booked on the Harmony but I switched toMagic follow family members.

Magic was very good

Oasis class is in a class by itself. The neighborhood lay out is awesome. There are 6 thousand people on board but you do not feel crowded. The aqua show is amazing.

I've been on vista twice and both the allure and the oasis. I think vista is a great ship and loved their 10 day Mediterranean itinerary earlier this year. However you can't beat the wow factor on Royal Caribbean's oasis category ships!!! The entertainment and shows are so much better. Go for Allure !!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Haven't been on Carnival yet (and Vista is still almost a year away!), but did a back-to-back on Allure in 2011. We followed it up the following year with the exact same thing on Oasis. Haven't been back on Allure, but did do another Oasis cruise in September 2015.

We loved Allure! I would go back in a heartbeat -- just like no other ship. And even with all those passengers, it really is only crowded at the same time as other ships -- muster drill and after shows. Since you've already been on a ship with a Royal Promenade, you'll be floored when you see the size of the one on Allure.

If you decide on Allure, make sure you book the all the shows before you go. You'd probably get in to anything in the Amber Theater, but the comedy club is tiny. But that makes it fun (as long as the comedians are, but you won't know until you get there). Book the AT show for early in the cruise -- sometimes the weather is bad and needs to be cancelled and rescheduled. If you book at the end of the cruise, you may be out of luck. There's always a chance you'll catch rehearsals, but why take the chance?

And if you go with Vista -- I want to know all about it!

BTW, we were also on Sapphire Princess for Alaska -- May/June 2006. Any chance we were on the same cruise?

Make sure you didn't book Early Saver. :eek: Oh the pesky Early Saver. Hope you didn't so you could change. Never booking non-refundables again. Even Holland America booked me on one without notifying me of the conditions and coughed up a $200 onboard credit.

Anyways, an extra sea day does make a difference. My Alaska 7 day felt so much longer with that extra day than the 6 day on the Breeze. Port wise, I prefer the Vista's, just because Grand Cayman was very nice and I love Mexico. Have you tried looking at the Oasis or the Harmony for different itineraries?

Edited by DisneyDatknee