early flight arrival

noodles73

hi everyone,

im flying into southampton for our cruise in a couple of weeks,

we arrive at 10am but have a boarding time of 3.30,

my dilema is what to do,the last time we did this we had to spend several hours trailing 3 kids and luggage through a shopping center but i wont be doing that again.

any suggestions would be welcome

Why not take a taxi to the port. The earliest you can drop off your luggage is around 11.30 there is a drop off point where you put the bags through a hole in the wall, then get the taxi to drop you off in town. There isn't anything around the port within walking distance for kids and there is nothing for them to do in the departure terminal, unless of course, they have Ipads, phones etc. but the terminal will not open until 12.00.

Have a great cruise.

Following on from Mandy's post, I suggest you deposit your luggage. Having done that, either stay in the terminal hoping to get boarded earlier than your provided time or go in to Southampton. Perhaps on the day you could go to the cinema if there is a suitable film at a suitable time.

Alternatively, you could go straight to the cinema from the airport...may feel a bit strange having lots of luggage in a cinema but I don't see it is a problem. Obviously depends upon the timing of a suitable film.

For others to provide ideas of what to do, I think it would help to know the age range of the children.

hi everyone,

im flying into southampton for our cruise in a couple of weeks,

we arrive at 10am but have a boarding time of 3.30,

my dilema is what to do,the last time we did this we had to spend several hours trailing 3 kids and luggage through a shopping center but i wont be doing that again.

any suggestions would be welcome

I would at least explain the situation to P&O, they may be understanding and bump you up the boarding order, worth a try.

I would go with dropping your luggage off at 11.30 in the hole in the wall, then going off to the grand harbour hotel who have a cruise lounge..I would guess at that time of the day you would only want tea/coffee, so £12 a head (not sure if/what they charge for children). You can sit there in nice surroundings with fellow cruisers, and they take you to the cruise terminal.