Dawn princess

Southern adventurers

We would appreciate any comments on any cruisers who have sailed on the Dawn Princess recently. We will be travelling soon on a long voyage on the Dawn and getting very exited as it will be our longest journey so far.

Opinions on the balcony rooms and the food will be especially good.

We are aware this lovely ship will soon be leaving the fleet to P & O and wonder about maintenance of the vessel.

Thanks in advance.

We just came off spending two weeks cruising NZ.

We had a balcony on Aloha in the middle of the boat. Good to have a view on longer cruises. We experienced 1.5 days of 6.5m seas in the Tasman Sea and the Dawn handled it well with little roll.

The ship was in generally good condition and the food was excellent in the main dining, buffet and pizza restaurants.

I would have no concerns about taking a longer voyage.

Enjoy your trip.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks sport fisher. That's great to hear. The rough seas certainly don't worry me, in fact I would quite enjoy some big swells and I'm sure in a 42 day cruise it's a strong possibility.

Princess have high standards so it's good to see the food and accommodation was to your liking.

Certainly a trip of a lifetime for sure.

Cheers

We did 19 days from 1-20 November and thought the food was excellent. Some of the furniture is a little worn, seats in the theatre are not great, nor in Crooners Bar. Staff are great - would loved to have stayed on longer!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks sport fisher. That's great to hear. The rough seas certainly don't worry me, in fact I would quite enjoy some big swells and I'm sure in a 42 day cruise it's a strong possibility.

Princess have high standards so it's good to see the food and accommodation was to your liking.

Certainly a trip of a lifetime for sure.

Cheers

I take it you are on the Cherry Blossom cruise. We did that earlier this year on the Sea Princess. It was fantastic, we could have stayed on and done it again.

Most of the trip the sea was flat and around the top of Aus it was like a mirror.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks folks, that's really encouraging. Yes it is the cherry blossom cruise and I believe it is one of the most popular cruises.

This will be our 4th cruise but our first with Princess.

Spoke to many who have travelled on Princess ships and get great feedback.

All going well we shall look at Hawaii next.

One would expect a bit of wear and tear but as long as the bed is comfy I'll be happy.

Love going to sleep with the ship having a sway.

Cheers

The Dawn Princess was the first Princess ship we sailed. We cruised on her in her maiden year, 1997. We were on her again from late August to late September this year. Ironic that we sailed on her the first and last year with the Princess but never in between.

If you can catch the engineering presentation by Chief Engineer Sterling, don't miss it. In my opinion, it is the best such presentation in the fleet. He was scheduled to be on the Dawn through its transfer to P&O.

George