What was the longest cruise you ever took

ts01854

B2B on Norwegian Sun and s/s Norway...loved every minute...escpecially the Norway (my second and last time sailing on her) After that 7 days is just too short.

jscruise

NCL

Dreamward, Dream, s/s Norway (2), Sun, Sea, Dawn

RCI

Enchantment (2)

CCL

Pride

21 days. we left Vancouver for a 3 day coastal cruise to LA then sailed down the coast to mexico, Baha, Acapoluka, Costa Rica(both coasts) Columbia, Panama, through the canal into the carribean to St.Martin...........and other ports along the way. We were on the Sky Princess..............and I felt like a queen. That was in 1998 or 97. It's our most memorable cruise. We danced, ate lobster, had deck parties with lots of jungle jucie. It was sooooooooooo wonderful. Never bored, lots of things to do on the ship,

I did a 14 day panama canal and a 14 day south america.

I think 10-12 days is probably the perfect length for me, but many of the cruises I end up doing are 7 days. I did a 4 day once, which was just way too short. Probably not going to do a cruise shorter than 7 days again unless there is a special reason.

Mine was 4 months, but as a crewmember, not a passenger. lol

I wish I would have known something about cruising when I was young and not "tied down" - I would have eaten that up. I think that it would be fun for awhile, just for the experience of it...but I never knew that it was an "option." (My parents never took us anywhere that was more than two hours from home...the most I knew about cruising was from watching Love Boat!! lol)

I must admit that being a passenger is the best way to cruise! lol

As far as the age group goes it really varies, I enjoyed working with the young kids, just as much as the older crowd. Who knows you may see me again in 2006.

Our longest cruise was 64 nights on the Asian/Pacific HAL cruise in 02. It was wonderful. The ports were great; the life style was fantastic; and the people were friendly. On the last few days as we packed up to leave the ship and we were crossing the Pacific, we felt a little anxious. We wanted to see that our house was still "there" waiting for us. And it was a great feeling to come around the corner and see our little cottage waiting for us. Interestingly, more of the men felt antsy; the women enjoyed the idea of not cooking and not making beds for 64 nights.

No, on B2Bs you just stay on. Once, however, we did three b2bs and after the first we had to change staterooms because we had not booked soon enough; we could not get the same stateroom for the first segment as we had for the second and third. If you intend to do B2Bs, you need to book early to be sure you can get the same cabin for the entire trip.

The longest one I've taken is a 16 day from Copenhagen to Venice on HAL's Rotterdam. This was a few years ago and it started out as a 12 day from Copenhagen to Rome but due to some scrambling HAL had to do with the Rotterdam and the Maasdam they combined the two ships itineraries and darn they had to extend ours to 16 days with no extra charge. Can't beat that. Thank goodness my boss said I could take the extra week off! That was one of my best cruises. They are all great but you can't beat going to the Capitals of Europe.

Archived