Need a great evening NYC/Spirit Picture!...and FAST

CatskillsMom

I booked the 1 nighter next weekend as a surprise for my best friends birthday. I'm putting together a sort of scrapbook/birthday presentation that she''ll receive THIS Saturday (her actual b-day) of this SURPRISE trip.

I'm looking for a great nighttime photo showing the ship with the NYC skyline as a backdrop. However, any great Spirit photos or a link to a few great photos would be most welcome.

Thanks everyone!

LOL..I completely flaked on that one! After I posted, I thought about the Spirit not being in NY until next weekend so therefore HOW the heck could I get a picture with her there? Hmmm, any professional photo 'fixers' out there? Add the NY skyline to the Spirit? Just kidding...

I could use a pic of the Dawn as a substitute. I know I saw a picture from someone on this message board of the Dawn sailing out of NY at dusk. Does anyone know where that is?

I booked the 1 nighter next weekend as a surprise for my best friends birthday. I'm putting together a sort of scrapbook/birthday presentation that she''ll receive THIS Saturday (her actual b-day) of this SURPRISE trip.

I'm looking for a great nighttime photo showing the ship with the NYC skyline as a backdrop. However, any great Spirit photos or a link to a few great photos would be most welcome.

Thanks everyone!

I have a great pic, (Not NYC), but do not know how to upload it here. (Too large).

If you could post your e-mail, I would be happy to send it along.

I have a great pic, (Not NYC), but do not know how to upload it here. (Too large).

If you could post your e-mail, I would be happy to send it along.

To answer your question, try using the Attachment feature.

What Are Attachments?The administrator may allow you to use the attachment feature of this forum, which gives you the ability to attach files of certain types to your posts. This could be an image, a text document, a zip file etc. There will be a limit to the file size of any attachments you make, as the forums should not be used as an extension of your hard disk!

To attach a file to a new post, simply click the [browse] button at the bottom of the post composition page, and locate the file that you want to attach from your local hard drive.

Only certain types of files may be attached: these are the valid file extensions for files to be attached to this forum: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt.

After posting, the attachment will show up in the body of your message. To view the contents of the attachment (if it is not already displayed) simply click the filename link that appears next to the attachment icon attach.gif.

If your photos are too large, shrink them. There are many free or low cost applications that can do this for you. One way to shrink photos is to change their resolution. Since most computers displays only display 72 to 75 dpi, try using this lower setting in your application.

Another way to post an image, assuming you have the ability to upload images onto a web based drive, or web based albums, is to link that image from the web based drive. I used iTools from Apple, the mac.com web based drive.

Here's how:

http://homepage.mac.com/yourusername/.Publicor.Picture/nameofimage.jpg

Yes, I know, the link above shouldn't work. But if you filled in the names above with real names, it would.

To answer your question, try using the Attachment feature..

Thanks. I hate to admit it, but I still had problems. I learned to use this thing after I received it as a gift for my 65th BD some years back - and it is still a mystery to me. I'll keep trying to "shrink" the picture though. Eventually, most of my problems do get solved.

Thanks again.:p SailAways

Archived