FTTF question

KMYork

Merry Christmas to you too. I am fair. Not taking any sides. Just don't want to see it get too out of control. I think another referee just came in.

You can go help calm him down and be his corner people....I really don't need a ref, I didn't do anything wrong. Nerd calls me an "A"hole and I need a ref? :confused:

Edited by First and Ten

You can go help calm him down and be his corner people....I really don't need a ref, I didn't do anything wrong. Nerd calls me an "A"hole and I need a ref? :confused:

That's not what I am saying... I am saying another ref came in because he/she wanted to see the namecalling stop. I am not saying you or nerd is wrong or who started what. Let's change the tone. How is your Christmas shopping going? As for me, I don't have to do much shopping because my family are 7th day worshippers who do not celebrate Christmas. I am happy about that. Save me some money :)

That's not what I am saying... I am saying another ref came in because he/she wanted to see the namecalling stop. I am not saying you or nerd is wrong or who started what. Let's change the tone. How is your Christmas shopping going? As for me, I don't have to do much shopping because my family are 7th day worshippers who do not celebrate Christmas. I am happy about that. Save me some money :)

Its going good, as a gesture of giving for this Holiday season, I was going to send Nerd a subscription to "Lemming Weekly", I just need to find out his address (;) just a little holiday humor)....In all seriousness, actually looking to book a cruise, hopefully in May 2017. Maybe I will spring for FTTF too. What about you, when is your next adventure on the seas?

Edited by First and Ten

Its going good, as a gesture of giving for this Holiday season, I was going to send Nerd a subscription to "Lemming Weekly", I just need to find out his address (;) just a little holiday humor)....In all seriousness, actually looking to book a cruise, hopefully in May 2017. Maybe I will spring for FTTF too. What about you, when is your next adventure on the seas?

My next is April 22 on Carnival Glory. This will be a month after she come out of Dry Dock so ship should be in good condition. The bad thing is it will be right after Spring Break and I know what wreck the drunk spring breakers will do to the ship. lol.

First complete family cruise (Grandma, mom, wife, 2 daughters). I always want to do a family cruise but the timings didn't line up until now. Cruising along with DW is great but now I get to do it with others so I'm excited about this than any other.

You definitely should get FTTF if it is available. You will need to book now for may to have a chance of getting it though.

Edited by Jamericannn
added last two sentences.

My next is April 22 on Carnival Glory. This will be a month after she come out of Dry Dock so ship should be in good condition. The bad thing is it will be right after Spring Break and I know what wreck the drunk spring breakers will do to the ship. lol.

First complete family cruise (Grandma, mom, wife, 2 daughters). I always want to do a family cruise but the timings didn't line up until now. Cruising along with DW is great but now I get to do it with others so I'm excited about this than any other.

You definitely should get FTTF if it is available. You will need to book now for may to have a chance of getting it though.

I have used FTTF once....I typically fly into the port city the day before, but this one trip I couldn't get an early flight, so I flew in the day off (landed at around 7:30 am)....What I typically do is board at around 2 pm. The terminal at that time is literally like a ghost town. More screeners and handlers than there are passengers. Room is ready at that point. I don't know how old you are but you need to take a cruise during SB....it is awesome. DW and I are both in our 50's and as a last minute idea, we took a 5 night SB cruise. We had a blast. I am sure there are nightmare issues but this prevailing thought of out of control is overhyped. Definite party atmosphere on the ship. Good times

Edited by First and Ten

I have used FTTF once....I typically fly into the port city the day before, but this one trip I couldn't get an early flight, so I flew in the day off (landed at around 7:30 am)....What I typically do is board at around 2 pm. The terminal at that time is literally like a ghost town. More screeners and handlers than there are passengers. Room is ready at that point. I don't know how old you are but you need to take a cruise during SB....it is awesome. DW and I are both in our 50's and as a last minute idea, we took a 5 night SB cruise. We had a blast. I am sure there are nightmare issues but this prevailing thought of out of control is overhyped. Definite party atmosphere on the ship. Good times

I am young (late 30's) and definitely don't mind the Spring Break atmosphere at all. This cruise will be with grandma who is almost 90 and one of DD will be 2 so those are the ones who may find it less convenient during Spring Break. DW, DM and even the other daughter (13) wouldn't mind SB cruise at all.

We will be in Ft. Lauderdale from the day before because we have family members there then we will drive down to Miami the next day. I have a 10:30 - 11:00 checkin but it does not really matter if we go later because we have FTTF. I had to get FTTF because I didn't want grandma to be waiting too long.

I am young (late 30's) and definitely don't mind the Spring Break atmosphere at all. This cruise will be with grandma who is almost 90 and one of DD will be 2 so those are the ones who may find it less convenient during Spring Break. DW, DM and even the other daughter (13) wouldn't mind SB cruise at all.

We will be in Ft. Lauderdale from the day before because we have family members there then we will drive down to Miami the next day. I have a 10:30 - 11:00 checkin but it does not really matter if we go later because we have FTTF. I had to get FTTF because I didn't want grandma to be waiting too long.

90 year old Granny on a cruise with you and GGD is awesome!!!! Get her a shot of tequila and let her karaoke :D....Enjoy it!!!!

Edited by First and Ten

• 2 weeks later...
Faster to the fun is usually available at the 80 day mark (final payment period) when a lot of people who had FTTF are not able to finish paying and cancel. I figure you are past that period so you just have to keep checking. I know others are saying it's not worth it and you should save your money. I tell you it's worth it for sure. It's not just for boarding. There are a lot of other benefits to it. Too bad they raised the price so high though. It as $59.95 when I bought it.

So many say that it isn't worth it. To me it is worth every cent, even tho they keep raising it. I have major back problems after unsuccessful surgery and I cannot stand in those long lines anymore.