Celebrity Constellation - January 11, 2017 - 15 Night Best Of India & Sri Lanka

tjunmin

No but am thinking about it for 2018. Will be very interested to hear your experiences.

You must be finishing in Singapore as we are boarding Connie on the 26th to go to Thailand/ Vietnam. Happy cruising

Wish you a wonderful cruise! Thailand/Vietnam is the next cruise we have booked. Let's exchange notes once we return from our respective cruises. :)

Edited by tjunmin

I will be on it with my friend, Deepak.

We are flying into Abu Dhabi on the 9th, from Mumbai. Staying at Le Mederian.

Looking forward to it, it will be his first cruise.

Hello Ron! Looking forward to meeting you and Deepak during the cruise. I hope he will enjoy the experience on board. I would have thought Deepak would have preferred travelling to destinations other than India on his first cruise. :) It seems like we have cruised to very similar destinations over the years!

Thom

Edited by tjunmin

Thom, are you aware that there is Tom from Chicago on our cruise ? His gaydar picked me up on the cruise roll call.

Actually, Deepak has never been to the other cities in India, he is from a small village outside of Kerlala, now in Mumbai.

We hope to do the house boat cruise there this spring, people who have done it have had nothing but good to say about it.

He is having a bit of a problem getting his visa for Sir Lanka, I keep telling him, we miss it, we miss it.

Will this be your first trip to India ?

Mine first was Feb. / March and fell in love with the country and people. Went back this past Nov. on the ticket. Now have a 10 year visa.

Post Singapore I will be staying with Deepak for about 9/ 10 months.

Hello Ron!

How nice that you meet someone from the general roll call. Looking forward to meeting everybody on board.

I'd suggest confirming with Celebrity that they will allow Deepak boarding, even without the visa for Sri Lanka.

This will be our first visit to that part of the world. A cruise was the only way I could convince my spouse to visit India. I'm very excited!

Since Deepak lives in Mumbai now, I assume you are familiar with the city. I have no tour booked for Mumbai; we are planning to do our own walking tour of the city, around Mantralaya, Lion Gate, Nariman Point and Dhobi Talao. I assume it is safe for that. If by any chance I'm mistaken, please let me know.

I'm also looking forward to escaping the Canadian winter and the snow. It will be nice to get some sun and warm weather, as opposed to snow and negative temperatures. : )

Thom