Anthem newbie

Have not been on Anthem yet. Doing the 12 day from New Jersey next month. I have been scouring the boards, but am getting conflicting information. Are there formal nights and if so, how formal are they? Are the balcony level beds hard and if so what were you able to do about it? We have my time dining, any tips? Anything else you wish you had known ahead of time? Thanks so much in advance for your answers.

We were on the 12 night Southern Route at the end of November. Here's some good info (I hope!):

#1 - there are two formal nights...the 2nd night of the cruise and the 2nd to last night of the cruise. The last night was also lobster night in the MDR.

#2 - I found the beds to be very hard the first night or two, but after that I was usually too exhausted to notice ;)

#3 - MTD can't really address that BUT whenever we were in that area, it always looked busy. If you can make reservations, I would suggest it :rolleyes:

#4 - Make sure to do the Puzzlebreak room! It was awesome!

#5 - there were two Silent Disco nights on the trip - you can bring your own wireless headsets if you have them :)

#6 - For Spectra's Caberet; the Gift and We will Rock You reservations are strongly suggested. They will check your card to make sure that you have reservations before they let you in. If you don't have reservations, you have to wait until about 15 minutes before the show begins to find seats..sometimes can be good (i.e. suite area is virtually empty) but most of the time, not so good.

#7 - Re: #6 - if you don't make reservations before leaving, there will be a 'Box Office' (pop up table on the Esplanade the first two days or so) so all is not lost ;)

#8 - For Northstar and Ripcord you can only reserve one time, but you can go standby for additional times

That's all I can think of off the bat. If you have any specific questions, let me know :D

We were on the 12 night Southern Route at the end of November. Here's some good info (I hope!):

#1 - there are two formal nights...the 2nd night of the cruise and the 2nd to last night of the cruise. The last night was also lobster night in the MDR.

#2 - I found the beds to be very hard the first night or two, but after that I was usually too exhausted to notice ;)

#3 - MTD can't really address that BUT whenever we were in that area, it always looked busy. If you can make reservations, I would suggest it :rolleyes:

#4 - Make sure to do the Puzzlebreak room! It was awesome!

#5 - there were two Silent Disco nights on the trip - you can bring your own wireless headsets if you have them :)

#6 - For Spectra's Caberet; the Gift and We will Rock You reservations are strongly suggested. They will check your card to make sure that you have reservations before they let you in. If you don't have reservations, you have to wait until about 15 minutes before the show begins to find seats..sometimes can be good (i.e. suite area is virtually empty) but most of the time, not so good.

#7 - Re: #6 - if you don't make reservations before leaving, there will be a 'Box Office' (pop up table on the Esplanade the first two days or so) so all is not lost ;)

#8 - For Northstar and Ripcord you can only reserve one time, but you can go standby for additional times

That's all I can think of off the bat. If you have any specific questions, let me know :D

Thank you so much. Great info. We always book everything we can as soon as we schedule the cruise.

Ask for a egg crate for the bef[emoji12][emoji12]

Egg crate are no longer available onboard RCI ships as these couldn't be cleaned and sanitized properly for the next passengers. What the cabin steward typically does for too hard of bed complaint is to add a duvet under the bottom sheet.

It's either that or you bring your own personal egg crate to use onboard.

Egg crate are no longer available onboard RCI ships as these couldn't be cleaned and sanitized properly for the next passengers. What the cabin steward typically does for too hard of bed complaint is to add a duvet under the bottom sheet.

It's either that or you bring your own personal egg crate to use onboard.

Our bed already had that on it when we got aboard...didn't help much:o. Just got used to it after a few days:cool: