Hop on/off bus vs. Taxi to OSJ

scoop45

The Hop on/Off Bus has a stop at the hotel (Hyatt-Place City Center) where we are staying post-cruise. We are going to head to Old San Juan the day we get off the ship. We are looking to do the usual, walk around town and visit the fort(s). Is it better (price/convenience/historical info) to book the bus ($30 pp) or grab a taxi for our round trip?

I believe the Hyatt, which is listed in the Miramar zone, is located in Zone 3 or 4. Does anyone know how much the cab would be from the Hyatt since it is not listed on the cab zone page on the PR website?

The hotel also lists public transportation as an option. Has anyone used the local buses to travel from their hotel to OSJ or is this something to avoid.

We used the local bus and really enjoyed it. You can see the city and mingle with the locals. Once you get to old San Juan you can take the free trolley around that area. One of the stops is right in front of the fort. I highly recommend doing both.

Sent from my iPad using Forums