Taking the bus to Rum Point?

lili2

I was just in Rum Point this past Tuesday and I don't believe there are any buses...we never saw one the whole time we were there. There were only small ferry boats pulling up to the dock and letting people off for a few hours. We rented a Jeep and drove there ourselves and i'm very glad we did because we got to spend more time there that way. Rum point is awesome!! We had a blast and would go there again in a heartbeat....hope this helps you out.

Does anyone know which bus route (color) we would take from the stop a block away from the pier to get to Rum Point? I have never been to the island so I'm not familiar at all with the layout.:confused:

thanks,

Jjnewboots

Looks like the buses go as far as Hutland-Northside, but they don't list Rum Point on the schedule. You can always walk over to the library wher all the buses start from, and ask ... they've always been very helpful when we first started figuring the buses out ....

http://www.caymanvacations.com/indexmenu.htm?general/bus_service.htm&2

Journey803: How long did it take you to drive to Rum Point?

How much was the rentel for the car or jeep?

Did you reserve ahead of time for the car? I know that there is a car rentel place behind the hard rock cafe is that where you webt to rent?

Was Rum Point better to swim, instead of 7 mile beach?

We went there a couple of times so far, 1st time we went to a horrible crowded beach Hotel (small) rusted old chairs and we left very quick.

2nd time we did a ship tour to Hotel near the turtle farm, was so bad, no one could swim in the ocean, there was no enterence, all coral. No taxis back to town till after noon, we were stuck there all day.

Next Oct. we will do a family cruise, so we will do the Nativeway tour thing, but this Feb. we wanted to check out Rum point just the two of us.

So if you or anyone else has any suggestions for us, we will do Rum point or go to maybe the Westin Hotel or maybe Holiday Inn, which would most prefer? I just want some options here.

I love to shop for the Rum Cakes when there, I need a suite case just to bring it all home, lol.

Thanks for the Info and help and suggestions.

Sue

Archived