Which Caribbean islands have good cell service?

I would like to use Verizon's Travel Pass in just one port during our cruise to check emails and use data. I want to make sure the service is good enough to use data before I agree to accept Travel Pass. I need help deciding which island to use the Travel Pass. Below is a list of islands we will visit and our excursion:

Barbados - taxi tour around the island

St Lucia - Spencer Ambrose Tours

Antigua - taxi or bus to Turner Beach

St Kitts - island tour with Royston

St Maarten - port shopping

Has anyone experienced good enough cell service to use Travel Pass on any of these islands? Or if you know of a good spot for free wifi, that would be better.

Thank you for any advice!

When you arrive to port most welcome centers have free wifi. Bars also have free wifi if you buy a beer. Starbucks also have free wifi with purchase of coffee. Just buy and espresso shot and get free wifi for 15-30 minutes.

You can call using free wifi if your phone has that option or send texts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Like she said - use the free wifi in ports or at bars (in St Maarten, I like the "Nu" bar on the harbor waterfront to right of the ferry pier, and plenty of shops have wifi, esp if a travel companion is looking at $$$ jewelry or watches).

VZW's pre-cruise customer service has repeatedly given me me incorrect info - only service I could get in March in PR and in St Thomas this month was roaming. You can do texts for $0.05 per message received and $0.50 sent. VZW will send you a free message on ship and ashore if available. I have not used Travel Pass so no direct info on it. Sorry.

We were in St. Kitts earlier this month, we took a boat ride to Nevis. There was a bar on the Island with WiFi so I sent my daughter a message. Shortly after my phone started ringing, it was her. I answered & asked how are you calling me because my phone is in airplane mode. She said, Dad you can call using Messenger. I didn't know, so we talked away. After that call, I tried calling my GF's Niece. They were talking, then my girl hands me the phone saying I don't know what she is talking about. Her Niece told me to push the camera button, I did & there she was looking at me. This was really neat, I held the phone up & did a 360 so she could see the Island.

We went to Maho Beach, there was free WiFi but so many people were trying to use it you really couldn't do anything because it was so slow.

So, any Island with free WiFi you will be able to do e-mails, text & make phone calls.