NCL Sun 10/20 sailing not going to Cozumel

itzelm

NCL Sun 10/20 sailing not going to Cozumel. That's the latest I heard.. the cruise line gave us a credit for the not visiting Playa del Carmen and Cozumel But, we WANT to go! When do you find out if we will make it to Cozumel? IS there a way to know in advance?

NCL Sun 10/20 sailing not going to Cozumel. That's the latest I heard.. the cruise line gave us a credit for the not visiting Playa del Carmen and Cozumel But, we WANT to go! When do you find out if we will make it to Cozumel? IS there a way to know in advance?

Carnival still won't confirm or deny . she said "you may not know until you board Dec., 4th"

Also did you mean 11/20, just curious.;) .

Good evening all,

I am not sure about Celebrity going to Cozumel either. I am sailing on 11/28 and inquired with Celebrity about a prebooked dolphin enounter I had at Chankaanab Park. I received an email today from Celebrity telling me that "Guests with prebooked tours will be moved or cancelled and refunded for any tour Celebrity can't offer due to the itinerary change". I assumed since Cozumel should begin taking cruise ships by the 14th, we would automatically be going there. This was the first I heard of any possible itinerary change. Who knows? Celebrity seems to be keeping us in the dark and depending on who you speak with at Celebrity, you will get a different story. :)

Erin

Good evening all,

I am not sure about Celebrity going to Cozumel either. I am sailing on 11/28 and inquired with Celebrity about a prebooked dolphin enounter I had at Chankaanab Park. I received an email today from Celebrity telling me that "Guests with prebooked tours will be moved or cancelled and refunded for any tour Celebrity can't offer due to the itinerary change". I assumed since Cozumel should begin taking cruise ships by the 14th, we would automatically be going there.

I think they will start off slow letting ships back to Cozumel, not every ship originally scheduled to stop there will make it now.

This was the first I heard of any possible itinerary change. Who knows? Celebrity seems to be keeping us in the dark and depending on who you speak with at Celebrity, you will get a different story. :)

Erin

This is standard procedure for most cruise lines.

No cruiselines will call on Cozumel until the local Port Authority determines that the island is ready. Reliable power, etc. And yes they may start out with two or three ships a day like Grand Cayman did last year after Ivan. It's not up to the cruiselines.

Well, as of about 2 minutes ago...Princess, Celebrity, NCL and RC are all scheduled to be here next week.

Our Port Authority had nothing to do with "approving" Cozumel - the ships will be tendering for awhile to our fiscal pier until Punta Langosta and TMM can be repaired enough to take over that duty. Puerta Maya will have to be rebuilt. The estimated repair/rebuild dates of the piers are varying - the port agents were in my office this morning.

99.9% of the island has had electricity for well over a week. The few small areas that do not have power are waiting for a shipment of transformers from all over Mexico (hang in there Sally!). The stores downtown are rebuilding as fast as they can...Los Cinco Soles and Viva Mexico are 2 of the big ones that are already open. Some of the smaller ones located off the downtown square are also open. Spoke to the DI folks yesterday and they are getting 6 locations ready for Monday.

For those of you that ARE coming here, you will be amazed at our cleanup progress, community efforts and ability to bounce back. For a small island with a population of about 80,000 - it has been miraculous. To those of you who won´t be coming to Cozumel, be envious of those who are. Because yes, it will not be the same ol´Cozumel but rather a new and improved one. You will still have those old memories of the island to cherish and the opportunity to make a whole bunch of new memories to look forward to!

Excellent news! I hope you are right. We want to go to Cozumel.

Solita, if we do go, is there a way we can contribute to the rebuilding efforts? Donations, supplies, etc.

Gracias por la noticia. Ayudemos a nuestros companeros latinoamericanos!

I'm scheduled on the 11/20 sailing of Explorer of the Seas, but from what RCL can tell me (and my online itineray) it looks like Explorer will be skipping Cozumel. The customer service people were very uncertain and directed me to the website and the changed port schedule.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we will actually go to Cozumel because I wasn't looking forward to a third day at sea.

I have the funny feeling that we won't know until we board in Miami on the 20th.

-denise

Excellent news! I hope you are right. We want to go to Cozumel.

Solita, if we do go, is there a way we can contribute to the rebuilding efforts? Donations, supplies, etc.

Gracias por la noticia. Ayudemos a nuestros companeros latinoamericanos!

NCL Sun is coming to Cozumel (8am-8pm) but I have not gotten confirmation from Explorer yet. But can´t imagine why the Explorer would not come since the other RC ships are.

As far as supplies/donations, the local and federal Mexican government has been wonderful about getting food/supplies out to those in need. But there are numerous organizations here that you could help. Amoung them being the Humane Society http://www.cozumelinsider.com/HumaneSociety?From=ACS , Red Cross http://www.cozumelmycozumel.com/Pages/CozumelCommunity.htm# or Chrysalis Group http://www.geocities.com/smallsal/chrysalis/ that helps school kids. I am in no way affliated with any of them other than I have contributed.

Archived