Boycott Aruba??

windrose

It hasn't been determined that she isn't still alive. In fact, within the last week, Dr. Phil has publicly stated that he has credible evidence that she is alive.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=47209

I would be utterly shocked if she turned up alive at this late stage of the game, regardless of what "credible evidence" Dr. Phil may have.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Those who are blaming Natalie, her parents or the school board are way off base.

The existing problem is that three young men who were residents of Aruba got away with murdering a U.S. citizen without ANY resultant competent investigation.

I would like to ask a questions of those of you who are going to galavant around that island. Do you really think that if anything happens to you there (mugging; robbery or worse) that you will receive any real help from the local authorities?? Will they actively track down the criminals? Don't you think trhe cruds of Aruba know the answers to these questions? You better be awfully careful!

Those who are blaming Natalie, her parents or the school board are way off base.

The existing problem is that three young men who were residents of Aruba got away with murdering a U.S. citizen without ANY resultant competent investigation.

I would like to ask a questions of those of you who are going to galavant around that island. Do you really think that if anything happens to you there (mugging; robbery or worse) that you will receive any real help from the local authorities?? Will they actively track down the criminals? Don't you think trhe cruds of Aruba know the answers to these questions? You better be awfully careful!

lwnblwr - First: The "school board" had nothing to do with this. This was a private booking that was done independently of the school district. Second: two of these three men are still residents of Aruba. Third: If you have any proof that Natalee Holloway was murdered, please contact the Twitty's and the Aruban authorities! Fourth: Do you have any statistics about "muggings or robberies" of tourists in Aruba? There have been plenty in St. Thomas! Fifth: Please define cruds of Aruba. Sixth: It's Natalee, not Natalie. Seventh: Have you ever been to Aruba? I have. Several times. I also live in Alabama.

It might be a good idea to get your facts straight. Just a suggestion.

Happily planning my next trip to Aruba to "galavant around that island!"

I have to agree with Sue. And conjecture abounds on this thread. None of us knows what happened. While some may believe Natalee is dead, there is no proof of that. There well may be evidence we know nothing about that suggests she is alive. Doesn't really matter ... she's still gone.

But your second paragraph is the one that really bothers me. Whatever made you hate the entire island of Aruba and all its people so much that you would speak of it in such a derogatory fashion just because you don't like the way the officials have handled this case?

And Sue's right ... St. Thomas can be a very dangerous island if you don't know where to go. I was just in Aruba and everyone was terribly friendly, nice and I never felt in the least unsafe. Admittedly, I'm not an attractive 17 year old, but Aruba is not a dangerous island when you compare it to many other islands. I think you'd better stay out of the Caribbean (and Mexico) in general.

That said, if we're going to live in fear we can do that just about anywhere.

[quote name='HeatherInFlorida']I have to agree with Sue. And conjecture abounds on this thread. None of us knows what happened. While some may believe Natalee is dead, there is no proof of that. There well may be evidence we know nothing about that suggests she is alive. Doesn't really matter ... she's still gone.

But your second paragraph is the one that really bothers me. Whatever made you hate the entire island of Aruba and all its people so much that you would speak of it in such a derogatory fashion just because you don't like the way the officials have handled this case?

And Sue's right ... St. Thomas can be a very dangerous island if you don't know where to go. I was just in Aruba and everyone was terribly friendly, nice and I never felt in the least unsafe. Admittedly, I'm not an attractive 17 year old, but Aruba is not a dangerous island when you compare it to many other islands. I think you'd better stay out of the Caribbean (and Mexico) in general.

[B] That said, if we're going to live in fear we can do that just about anywhere.[/B][/quote]
Very well said.

Terrible things happen all of the time to American citizens around the world, including our own country.

Case in pont: when I was in Spain in the late 80's some college kids were on spring break. One got "drunk" and fell off of a balcony to his death. There was no way he could have fallen (said the police reports). There was no boycott. I doubt it was discussed on the news.

Several years ago during Mardis Gras celebrations on Galveston Island a girl was raped in broad daylight on the the beach while a crowd watched. I don't recall a request for a boycott of Galveston.

The idea of working towards a solution to end this type of evil is admirable, however it is unrealistic.

If there is a solution, it will not be found by punishing the general population due to corrupt governments and evil people who take advantage of naive kids.

~e

Hey. let's boycott every jurisdiction that has an unsolved missing person case. Well, no that won't work - there'd hardly be anywhere for all of us to go. Maybe we could just boycott the one's were good looking white girls are missing. That would still make it hard to travel very much, though.

OK, let's limit it to high profile, pretty white girld that CNN runs specials about. At least that way there's still one or two places we can visit.

Bad things happen. All the time. Even when they aren't reported on TV. It's not nice, but if we can't get past it then we might as well lock ourselves in our rooms, culr up and die.

I will have to agree with "dakrewser" on this one. Why don't we boycott Alabama. I am more than sure they have more than one missing female and or children there. How about Phili...no one missing there...right. How about Royal Caribbean...man overboard. Blood and all on the life boat below his cabin. Not found yet. Guess he wasn't blond and cute. But wasn't his wife?
I' m so tired of seeing Gretta Van Sustran on FOX news with this I could slit my wrists.
I feel bad for the family. It has to be terrible.
But boycott an area because of a not yet proven violent act...

• 2 weeks later...
I took this photo in Cozumel of an intoxicated girl that passed out on the street with her oversized drink still clutched in her hand!

The people that are assisting her are not her friends but passersby.

When you are this drunk you are a very soft target for someone wanting to commit a crime. Parents should think about this before they let their children go to an island where there is heavy drinking and not enough chaperones.

[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/bayoutitan/Drunk2.jpg[/IMG]

Archived