Tianjin or Beijing for Great Wall?

cleobella

I've been looking at Asian cruises that stop in Tianjin for a trip to the Great Wall and other attractions of interest. Also, I think I've have seen that Beijing is a stop for the same attractions ? It seems that from Tianjin to the attractions it is a long 3 hour ride and an over night, or two night excursion is offered which is expensive. Is it better to stop at Beijing or Tianjin, does one bring you closer to the Wall? Are there local attractions at these stops as well?

I've been looking at Asian cruises that stop in Tianjin for a trip to the Great Wall and other attractions of interest. Also, I think I've have seen that Beijing is a stop for the same attractions ? It seems that from Tianjin to the attractions it is a long 3 hour ride and an over night, or two night excursion is offered which is expensive. Is it better to stop at Beijing or Tianjin, does one bring you closer to the Wall? Are there local attractions at these stops as well?

There is no port in Beijing. You will arrive in Tianjin and have ti make your way to Beijing, so this adds to the time if you wish to base yourself there. But there are certainly more things to see or do in Beijing. From Beijing city center to the Wall is one hour to 1,5 hours depending on which section of the Wall you visit.

Tianjin is the port for Beijing--Beijing is not a port for cruise ships--so obviously Beijing is closer to the Great Wall. Wherever you are the Great Wall is worth visiting!!

Beijing also has many many sights that are spectacular to see--Forbidden City,Summer Palace, etc.

Ok thanks, that makes it more clear. I may have to see a travel agent to sort out this cruise, because I have very little knowledge of this part of the world. I'm thinking it is easier over all to fly directly into HK, many cruises leave from Singapore, but there are no direct flights from Toronto that I can see.