Carnival Cruiser Considering NCL

keijenxs

I can only speak to what I have read, as our first NCL cruise is booked for March. It sounds like NCL and CCL are similar and more alike than different. I will also be sailing the Epic (my brother picked it) so I have done a lot of research about the ship. I am not terribly excited about the ship. BUT I am excited to try a different cruise line. We normally eat a lot when we cruise however my husband and I recently changed our lifestyle so I think food will be less than a priority for us. Also this cruise is more than we would pay to be on the Vista so I have somewhat high expectations since the Vista is the ship we have been wanting to go on. I will report back when we get off my thoughts (for what they are worth!). :rolleyes:

After numerous CCL cruises I too will be taking my first NCL cruise. It sounds like we will be on the same cruise. My wife and I will make sure to make up for you in the food department.

My husband and I just came off a family NYE cruise on CCL and we're in the process of booking our next child free cruise on NCL. This will be our first NCL cruise as well. Been on a few CCL cruises and would have done another but the price was no comparison. With all factors worked in (port, unlimited drinks, etc)CCL comes to about 1k more for the week! The choice was easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We decided to try RCCL and NCL after wanting a change from our much loved but starting to get redundant Carnival.

We tried loved RCCL the Freedom of the Seas, but overall found it wasn't entirely different than our Carnival experiences. Some things better, some worse.

Then we tried the Epic . We disliked the cabins, found the ship layout annoying and found the staff overworked and generally disinterested. But we liked the food, love O'Sheehans, loved the shows and overall had a great time. Again found more similarities than differences.

We decided to try the Getaway just last week and again, some great things, some not so great.

While the many specialty restaurants are fun for dinner, we missed having the consistent waiter and dining room experience. Further, we found we missed having different lunch choices that Carnival offers.

My advice would be to definitely try a new line just to enjoy some new food, new ways of doing things, etc.

I love that we have 4 cruise lines we've sampled and loved so we have lots of choice!

After numerous CCL cruises I too will be taking my first NCL cruise. It sounds like we will be on the same cruise. My wife and I will make sure to make up for you in the food department.

thats exciting well be on the same cruise! I think I may venture a little outside my current eating habits and eat some dairy (recently converted to a vegan :eek:) so I'm a little nervous on what I will be able to eat... I usually eat tons on cruises . Before breakfast pastry and coffee, Breakfast, brunch, pre-lunch pizza, lunch, afternoon meal, dinner, post dinner pizza, midnight snack usually room service. and a few icecreams in between not to mention drinks!!