Harv and Marv Whale Watching

hollon

We used Orca Eco Tours for our whale watching in Juneau. We were picked up from the ship in a lift equipped van. At the excursion boat I had full access to the lower level of the boat. There was an accessible rest room which had grab bars but I didn't use it. I did note that it was small. As the tides are very variable in Alaska I did have a very steep ramp on the way out and an almost level one on the way back. There were deck hands to assist in getting scooters and wheelchairs up the ramp. We saw lots of humpbacks and enjoyed our tour. This is not the company you asked about, and I don't know if it is still in business.

Edited by katisdale

We used Orca Eco Tours for our whale watching in Juneau. We were picked up from the ship in a lift equipped van. At the excursion boat I had full access to the lower level of the boat. There was an accessible rest room which had grab bars but I didn't use it. I did note that it was small. As the tides are very variable in Alaska I did have a very steep ramp on the way out and an almost level one on the way back. There were deck hands to assist in getting scooters and wheelchairs up the ramp. We saw lots of humpbacks and enjoyed our tour. This is not the company you asked about, and I don't know if it is still in business.

I think I will go w/ Orca, which is now dolphin tours, correct? B/c I think for my sister this company will be the best choice? Is there a certain time that is good, which time did you use, so far they are all open, thanks for the information :)

I think I will go w/ Orca, which is now dolphin tours, correct? B/c I think for my sister this company will be the best choice? Is there a certain time that is good, which time did you use, so far they are all open, thanks for the information :)

You are right. Orca Enterprises is now Dolphin Jet Boat Tours.

We used them last August and they were fantastic. My daughter is a full time wheelchair user. They picked us up in a van with a wheelchair lift. When we got to the dock, there was someone there to get her down to the boat. When we stopped to see whales, she was able to roll out to the back of the boat to see everything. I can't say enough about them.

You are right. Orca Enterprises is now Dolphin Jet Boat Tours.

We used them last August and they were fantastic. My daughter is a full time wheelchair user. They picked us up in a van with a wheelchair lift. When we got to the dock, there was someone there to get her down to the boat. When we stopped to see whales, she was able to roll out to the back of the boat to see everything. I can't say enough about them.

Thank you, this makes me feel so much better, people don't realize how many places need wheelchairs

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have been trying to contact Dolphin Jet Boat Tours and Orca Enterprises for a few weeks now, phone and email. I get no reply to email and a full mailbox by phone. Any other tour operators in Juneau? 6 of us are interested in a whale,glacier and brew tour but DH needs mobility scooter for glacier. I want to know if it can be stored in the transport vehicle or office while on whale tour. Will be there the end of August.

Sent from my iPad using Forums