Old San Juan taxi's?

Mango Mike

Due to mobility issues, a member of our group cannot walk the streets as easily as the rest of us.

I've always walked everywhere I needed to go so never paid any attention, are taxi's (or other modes of public transportation) available to get us from store to store/restaurant within Old San Juan?

Due to mobility issues, a member of our group cannot walk the streets as easily as the rest of us.

I've always walked everywhere I needed to go so never paid any attention, are taxi's (or other modes of public transportation) available to get us from store to store/restaurant within Old San Juan?

Yes there will be a lot of taxis right outside your terminal and they have stations throughout Old San JUan.

But know that they do not use meters. so every time you will need to use a taxi it will cost you, i think about 12 dollars minimum.

Will not be that crazy if you take 2-3 taxi rides, did you think of hiring a company to tour and drive you around. I say this only because of the mobility issues.

Yes there will be a lot of taxis right outside your terminal and they have stations throughout Old San JUan.

But know that they do not use meters. so every time you will need to use a taxi it will cost you, i think about 12 dollars minimum.

Will not be that crazy if you take 2-3 taxi rides, did you think of hiring a company to tour and drive you around. I say this only because of the mobility issues.

Taxis in the tourist areas from the airport to Old San Juan are by zones with fixed rates. That rate gets up to 5 persons in the same taxi with a $2 surcharge for the 6th and 7th passenger no matter what zone you're riding to/from. If taking a taxi IN Old San Juan to take to somewhere WITHIN OSJ it is $9 (including fuel charge but NOT the tip) for up to 5 riders, not per rider.

Taxis in the tourist areas from the airport to Old San Juan are by zones with fixed rates. That rate gets up to 5 persons in the same taxi with a $2 surcharge for the 6th and 7th passenger no matter what zone you're riding to/from. If taking a taxi IN Old San Juan to take to somewhere WITHIN OSJ it is $9 (including fuel charge but NOT the tip) for up to 5 riders, not per rider.

I guess they saw me coming a mile away, kept paying $12.00 and we were 2 most of the times.