Towel animals

Mississippi1

I tell the cabin steward not to make any towel animals. I have been getting them for years and don't care for them anymore. So I decided there is no need to have the steward waste his time.

There was a thread about this on another CC board a few months ago. Sorry, can’t find the link right now. It ended up with MANY MANY pages of replies, which basically were divided up among 2 areas:

1. Don’t ask the cabin steward to not make towel animals. They have a very specific “routine” when they tend to the cabins, and the animals are part of that routine. Asking to not do this throws off their routine, and messes up their pattern. Just go with the flow and let them make the animals. It’s actually more work for them to try to remember which cabin didn’t want the animals.

2. Those who did ask for no animals were then met with bigger and bigger and bigger and more elaborate and more detailed towel animals, likely an attempt by the cabin steward to prove just how creative they were.

So – just go with the flow and let them make the animals!:)

We were on the Jewel last November. The towel animals were made from our towel allotment. So we would only had one clean bath towel for the two of us per day!

When we were on the Jade in October we had our usual bathroom towels (three for the two of us since hubby had requested extra towel at beginning of cruise) plus the towel animals. If I'd been you I would have talked to the cabin steward about needing more towels.

If we used towels in the morning and left them on the bathroom floor, then we got fresh ones at turndown -- plus towel animals. That has been true on every ship. You needed to talk to your cabin steward.

Edited by NMLady

I guess I don't understand why you hope I'm wrong? Some of our animals are held together with rubberbands or tape, and maybe have sunglasses perched on them, or holding a remote or magazine. They surely wouldn't expect us to untape them to use them, right?

I don't think they expect you to use them. They expect you to enjoy them.

I don't want to make extra work for my steward so I am OK if they don't make towel animals. But I also really like them and they make me smile.

I gently move mine to the couch but don't attempt to preserve them. My stewards have always taken them away every day. I have to admit that once or twice I've taken them apart when I really needed a towel right away -- but I felt bad about it!

FYI we did talk to the cabin steward. That's how it was on the Jewel. I don't really care about what happened on the Jade.

That is not how it is on the Jewel. We have cruised twice on the Jewel, in Inside cabin, and both times got plenty of towels in the bathroom in addition to the towel animals.

We were on the Jewel last November. The towel animals were made from our towel allotment. So we would only had one clean bath towel for the two of us per day!

Just back from our Jewel cruise. Lots of towels in our cabin plus animals. The cabin steward took them away each day until we told him we took a picture of each one. After that, he left the previous creation and we had a menagerie on the table in our cabin.

The cabin steward likely does not care what happens with them but by saving them, we feel we are showing that we appreciate and respect him and his efforts.

Sent from my iPad using Forums