Did anyone not enjoy the Stingray City tour?

Nay Nay

Our daughter was the same as you. She was intrigued by it but as we actually got on the boat, she was pretty freaked out. That's why I'm sooooo glad we went with Native Way.

I took a crew member aside and mentioned that our daughter was pretty scared, and he said "don't worry, by the time the day is done, she'll be wearing one like a hat". And you know what, she was! They were so incredibly patient with her, even bringing over a young one so she could get used to them, explaining how the stingers work (and how tough it is to get stung), etc. I can't say enough about how great the crew was. I doubt you'd get that level of personal service on a big ship's tour.

In the end, she said it was the highlight of the entire cruise. We're going again in December and now she can't wait to do it again!

Highly recommended.

Good choice! we were there last week! we went with capt bryans and had a great time! I did not think one way or another about stingrays, but had heard a lot about it. I fell in love with them, they are gentle creatures like the dolphins and manatees. they appear to be very trusting of humans, and don't mind being touched or held. my husband was so impressed that he wants to fly to the caymens and spend more time visiting the stingrays and the beautiful water there! we will go again, but without the anxiety this time.

I was really looking forward to this, I love fish and animals. I booked with Nativeway, they were great. The boats from the ship tour's were crowded and the people could barely move. When you get in the water about 15 or more of these huge, and I mean huge creatures come at you. I was scared, I didn't stay in the water too long. I'm glad that I did it, but I wouldn't do it again. It was scarey the way they surround you with no escape route out. You can always stay in the boat and see how others like it first.

Archived