Harmony of the Seas Spin Classes

I don't know about harmony, but a few years ago on mariner the spin bikes were similar to the ones you'd find at your local gym. You can use the clip in shoes or just turn the pedals over and wear running shoes and strap them in. Spin classes cost $15 or $20 if I recall correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are boarding Harmony Saturday and wife will likely be doing the spinning classes. Will reply with details upon return.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you. Can you find out if the bikes are compatible with delta/look cleats or spd? Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I just got off of the Harmony and they have bikes that are compatible with SPD cleats. They also have a lot of shoes there that you can use but I didn't look too closely at them. The teacher that I had was just filling in for the week. He said that he goes from ship to ship doing body comp analysis and happened to be on our ship for the week. He had us over 130 RPM for a large part of the class (sometimes asking for 140 or higher) which I thought was unusual because the teachers that I have had don't usually exceed 120 RPM. I have had some say that they feel it could be dangerous to do so. Either way, I did the class and it was a good workout. I think for a cruise ship (where you may have some inexperienced spin riders trying something new) it was a little intense. Again, he was just filling in and the regular teacher may be totally different. The fitness center is beautiful and the bikes are nice. If you want to get in on the first class sign up as soon as you board (it fills up fast). They have a very unorganized way of having people sign up. They put sign up sheets out on a table and the guests write their names in the slots. There isn't anybody really regulating who signs up. Once it is full you can sign up as a stand by. When I got there to sign up the sheet was full and several of the participants were kids 12 or under. I signed up as a standby and stopped in a day later and there were names scribbled off all over the page with new people writing in names all over as well. Once I got to the class it was only half full. I think they can come up with a better system.