Must See or Do

Luvoceans

My parents that are in there 60's will be on Holland America and this will be there first time in St Thomas on Feb 1st. Please share any ideas and suggestions of must see of do while they are there ? Thank you for your help :)

Edited by Luvoceans

When we go to St. Thomas, the must do for us is the beach. St. Thomas has some very pretty beaches, especially those on the east side of the island. What do you and your parents like to do? Are you wanting to stay close to the port or are you willing to venture out? Our first time in St. Thomas we took a tour that consisted of a little shopping, a tour of the island, and a beach stop.

• 3 weeks later...

What are your parent's interests? I'm 60 and local, so I'll share what I enjoy. If you want more information on anything, just ask.And if you want to share their interests, I can let you know more.

There are a few very nice botanical gardens if they are into plants. Plantation Crown and Hawk, Phantasea, and St. Peter Great House and Botanical Garden.

If they enjoy history there is the St. Thomas Synagogue that is one of the oldest in this hemisphere. Frenchtown has a small museum open 10-1 weekdays.

There are spectacular photo opportunities at Drake's Seat, Mountain Top and Paradise Point. Paradise Point has the trams that go up and down, and restaurant with spectacular views. In you are docked at Havensite, you'll get a great view of your ship. On clear days you can see Puerto Rico from the top.

If they viewing sea life and don't want to get wet, I recommend Coral World, as it has indoor viewing of the coral reef. I can be amused there for a long time, just watching the sea life go by.

And then there is always walking on the beach. Fabulous photo opportunities of the beautiful beaches. My favories are Emerald and Brewers, as they are typically less crowded than the overs. They are both close to Crown Bay docks.

Idlewood gives good suggestions. I often wonder why people post ages instead of interests, because a person's age tells nothing about a person. Not all people of a particular age share same interests.

If Idlewood is local he/she should change profile location to reflect current location in the VI. I love getting local recommendations, and I usually look at the profile to see if it's a local who is posting.

When we go to St. Thomas, the must do for us is the beach. St. Thomas has some very pretty beaches, especially those on the east side of the island. What do you and your parents like to do? Are you wanting to stay close to the port or are you willing to venture out? Our first time in St. Thomas we took a tour that consisted of a little shopping, a tour of the island, and a beach stop.

Hi 2PinaColadas: We are looking to do just that: beach, tour and some shopping/eating. Did you just pick up a taxi at each spot or did you hire a driver? I would like to hire a driver to take us around, but I'm afraid that would be too pricey for us? What did you spend about?