Sunshine Questions

bnrv99

My DW and I are planning our May Cruise and can't wait. Trying to decide on the Sunshine out of Port Canaveral and as I understand it this ship was once the Destiny. Any Pros or Cons from previous cruisers?

Thanks in advance

You will find many opinions about the Sunshine on these boards. Some people really dislike her! Others, like me, consider her one of our favorites in the Carnival fleet. I personally think the Sunshine's serenity area is the best of any ship I've sailed on (and that's most of the fleet). The Havana area is an awesome place to eat breakfast or lunch. The bars and extra "eat" places are phenomenal. You can do a search for other opinions, and you'll definitely find pros and cons. Happy cruising, regardless!!

Cruised her out of NYC back in August and really enjoyed the ship, as the other member said the Sunshine's Serenity area is amazing which for me made the cruise. I found the updated rooms to be really nice as well, and it has all the bells and whistles you'd want. It does get a bad rap on the reviews, but I enjoyed my time.

I'm the OP on the recent post about the Sunshine noted above. I hope that my thoughts do not sway you to not cruise her. I really liked the ship and Pt Canaveral is the best in my opinion. If you go in knowing that crowding can be an issue, I think you will love her. There were way more positives than negative & I hope to be back on her soon on a longer cruise.

Go, have fun, and don't let the crowds bother you!!

We've sailed on the Sunshine 3 times. I started reading "bad reviews" about the Sunshine BEFORE she came out of dry dock converting from Destiny. Some of that crap was truly amazing. As I do with all reviews I read, I ignored it, and have enjoyed 3 cruises on Sunshine, and is one of our favorite ships.

Not my favorite. The ship was full and a lot of people were complaining about not being able to find a chair. We had the room above the bridge with floor to ceiling window, which was very nice, but did not do well for me. Stomach got a little uneasy. Wish there was a pool in the rear. But just enjoyed being on a cruise. Would not sail her again; on to other ships I have not sailed yet!!

Personally, Sunshine is one of my favorites (just behind Legend). She does get a little crowded, but don't they all? If you go into it knowing that, and take a good attitude with you, you should love the ship.

Bit of advice, if you like comedy shows, make sure you arrive plenty early for the show as the lounge is tiny where they hold it.

Same for the shows in the main theater. Small for the size of ship and converts to the nightclub after the shows are over.

Just off the Sunshine early December. IMO the negatives are few but may affect someone's cruise. We were on during a "slower" time, though the ship was sold out, the cabins were not full occupancy. The lounge where the comedy shows are is WAY too small. The main show lounge seemed small also though was never full during our time there. The service in the MDR was quite slow but I blame that on cutbacks from Carnival - not the staff. The area on Lido where you go into the Marketplace for food can get bottlenecked really bad at busy times. That's is with the negatives. SO many more positives. Serenity Deck is wonderful!! Love the location of it and it is three decks! Staff was awesome. MDR and Cabin Steward very good. SHip was clean and tables were kept cleaned off. Havana area is great. Plus there are a few items there for Breakfast and lunch. Really good Cuban sandwiches. One of the best things about it was the CD - Chris The Flying Scotsman (he was phenomenal!). If you choose Sunshine, I'm sure you will enjoy her!