Wine Tasting on the ESCAPE?

michelle028

Hi all,

Are there wine tastings on the ESCAPE?

If anyone has been to any, how was it? How many samples do you get? How much is it pp?

Do they have different ones on every time ie. on different sea days?

Thanks for reply. I did one on Carnival a few years ago and I really enjoyed it:)

Wine tasting is held in Cellars by Mondavi on deck 8. The tastings are listed in the freestyle daily. Unfortunately, the tasting we were going to attend was cancelled,so I don't how many tastes you get.

I have been on a number of other NCL cruises and they are typically held on Sea Days. The cost is about $20-$25 and you got 4-5 tastings. I also did the Wine Lover's musical Lunch on the Breakaway which was 6 tastings. This one was one of my favorites because I went by myself because my S/O didn't want to go but everyone around me sort of "adopted" me.

There were quite a few events, usually more than one of the same type.

There were: Wine and Chocolate Pairings, Wine Aroma Seminars, Black Glass Tasting, Riedel Glass Wine Tasting.

The times were usually 1PM and 4PM on sea days. I noticed they had one at 5PM on Tortola Day. They do list them in the dailies and a fee is required. The Escape dailies have been posted on CC, so if you what exact times check them out. Of course, things could change by the time you sail.

I did the Wine and Chocolate Pairings and enjoyed it. I don't remember the exact cost, but I think it was about $40.00 (I didn't pay). I have mixed thoughts as to whether I think it was worth it. They used non-Mondavi, inexpensive wines. The pours were too small. I liked learning how different chocolates taste with the different wines.

Hi all,

Are there wine tastings on the ESCAPE?

If anyone has been to any, how was it? How many samples do you get? How much is it pp?

Do they have different ones on every time ie. on different sea days?

Thanks for reply. I did one on Carnival a few years ago and I really enjoyed it:)