Hub app on Fascination?

• 2 weeks later...

As per John Heald:

The Hub App is so popular and getting more so each week. We have the app live now on 20 ships.

We will be getting it on the Carnival Spirit and Carnival Legend by end of the month / beginning of next. We will be introducing it to Carnival Liberty and Carnival Dream during their dry dock and Carnival Fascination sometime before end of March.

GT

As per John Heald:

The Hub App is so popular and getting more so each week. We have the app live now on 20 ships.

We will be getting it on the Carnival Spirit and Carnival Legend by end of the month / beginning of next. We will be introducing it to Carnival Liberty and Carnival Dream during their dry dock and Carnival Fascination sometime before end of March.

GT

Excellent! That means it should be active by the time I cruise. Thanks!

Edited by SouthCaribbean2017

On the ship in June as well. Never been on a Carnival cruise before, what does this hub app do?

Shows you daily fun times activities and lets you set reminders for things you don;t want to miss. Shows maps of each floor plus locations of various venues - gives hours of operations for eating and drinking establishments. See show times for different things around the ship. View your sign and sail account to keep track of your spending.

All of the above is free to use while on-board. You do not have to purchase any of the internet packages to use HUB - it connects to the ship's wifi for use on your apple or android smartphone.

Download the app prior to your cruise and you can also enter your sail date for a nifty countdown timer until you sail and you can select a picture for your avatar.

In addition to all that you can enable chat for 5 dollars per person per cruise (Not per day - 5 bucks for the whole cruise regardless of length as far as I know - I don;t know if B2B counts as 2 cruises for HUB purposes) and you can chat while on-board with anyone else on-board who also has the app with chat enabled. Everyone linked to your sailing will already be in your contacts but you can add anyone on the ship by entering their ID (the app will give you the ID to use).

AND, if you are on Vista, you can view all your pictures from the Pixels gallery (All the shipboard photographers who take pictures all cruise long) and purchase them through the app. That is not on other ships yet but will eventually be.

• 2 months later...

I HAVEto use my phone for work while on vacation, only way I can afford to cruise. With this app, I would have to carry my phone at all times to communicate with others on the ship. Not gonna happen, need something of a vacation.

I HAVEto use my phone for work while on vacation, only way I can afford to cruise. With this app, I would have to carry my phone at all times to communicate with others on the ship. Not gonna happen, need something of a vacation.

So is your issue that you can't use the app because you want to leave your phone in the cabin when you aren't working? If that's the case then just put your phone in airplane mode and turn on wifi. You won't be able to get work email or communications but will be able to use the app.

• 2 weeks later...