Staggered check-in

sleepyhollow1

Hi everyone, I am hoping someone can help me out. We are sailing on the Magic and have just found out they are starting staggered check in. DH and myself have FTTF and an 11 am checkin. Our son and his friend are in another cabin and don't have faster to the fun and their check in time is also 11 am. We will be taking separate cars and we will be getting there early but since son and friend don't have FTTF will they be turned away until 11 or will they at least be able to park at the port and just have to wait til 11 before going into the terminal? Or will they not even be allowed to park until 11. Thanks so much for any help!

Good morning, Just found out the Triumph will have staggered boarding for our sailing as well. The 11am time slot is available, so do we need FTTF? We have already purchased it, wondering if I should cancel.

Thoughts?

Good morning, Just found out the Triumph will have staggered boarding for our sailing as well. The 11am time slot is available, so do we need FTTF? We have already purchased it, wondering if I should cancel.

Thoughts?

If you don't think you will need any of the other advantages of FTTF, I would cancel it. We had it for one cabin on a Triumph cruise because we had small children and a lot of stuff to carry on that we wanted cabin access to get rid of, but if you don't have much stuff to schlep around until your cabin is ready at about 1pm, and you don't think you will need the other advantages then save yourself some $$ and cancel FTTF.

Thoughts?

It is two separate things!

Staggered check-in is when you can arrive and be processed to board the ship. You will be "turned away" if you arrive to check in before your time slot. It is not the same as your boarding time. FTTF will allow boarding earlier than those who do not have it - after Diamond, Platinum and weddings but before general boarding.

Edited by happy cruzin

Thoughts?

You will get on the ship 5-10 minutes earlier, so if that is worth the cost - go for it. However, there are other benefits, such as Guest services, tendering, and earlier access to your room

Hi everyone, I am hoping someone can help me out. We are sailing on the Magic and have just found out they are starting staggered check in. DH and myself have FTTF and an 11 am checkin. Our son and his friend are in another cabin and don't have faster to the fun and their check in time is also 11 am. We will be taking separate cars and we will be getting there early but since son and friend don't have FTTF will they be turned away until 11 or will they at least be able to park at the port and just have to wait til 11 before going into the terminal? Or will they not even be allowed to park until 11. Thanks so much for any help!

More than likely 11AM is the earliest time, so you all can check in with the first group. So if they aren't letting anyone in until 11, just because you have FTTF doesn't mean you can show up at 10 and get in. It doesn't work that way. You all get there at 11 and can enter the terminal at that time. But if 10:30 is the earliest time slot, then you can arrive at 10:30, but they won't be allowed in until 11. However they can go park and drop their luggage off and then wait until their time slot. Hope this makes sense.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Turned away till 11.

Not knowing what time staggered check in starts, I'd just wait until 11 and all four of you can enter together. You and your husband will check in at a different line than your son and his friend.

As soon as the start boarding, you will board right after Platinum/Diamond and wedding parties. Your son and friend will board as soon as they call their zone number. More than likely with the 11 check in time, they will board right after you. You can always just wait inside the atrium for them to board.

With FTTF, you can go straight to your cabin but your son and friend will have to wait until 1 or 1:30 before they can go to theirs.

Personally, I would keep FTTF. Straight to your cabin, special line at Guest Services, dedicated phone line to Guest Services, tenders, etc.

More than likely 11AM is the earliest time, so you all can check in with the first group. So if they aren't letting anyone in until 11, just because you have FTTF doesn't mean you can show up at 10 and get in. It doesn't work that way. You all get there at 11 and can enter the terminal at that time. But if 10:30 is the earliest time slot, then you can arrive at 10:30, but they won't be allowed in until 11. However they can go park and drop their luggage off and then wait until their time slot. Hope this makes sense.

Makes sense-just what I was looking for. I was hoping they would be able to park and just wait for the check in time.