Formal Night

LibbyLang

Counting the cruise from last week we've made (30 on Carnival) 8 in 26 months and here's my observation:

Wear what you want as long as it's not shorts on Cruise Elegant. I wore a suit and no tie the first night and khakis and a Tommy Bahama shirt the second. All other nights it was khaki shorts and a polo, boat shoes in check.

Our dining companions at the next table had a Doobie Brothers t-shirt and cargo shorts on Cruise Elegant night. They saved their hats for the other ones. Their table mates had football attire and flip-flops.

Please don't be fooled by posts on here, I saw one exception at dinner on the Triumph where they turned people away in shorts downstairs. This guy went up to deck 4, entered the dining room and then went down the stairs to his table near us on deck 3. The shirt with a collar thing is toast, it has been for a long time. T-shirts from the port we visited from Ron Jon were the norm last week.

This isn't from one snapshot, this is 196 days going back to the Mardi Gras. If you want to dress up, go ahead. But you will get passed on the promenade as you walk to dinner by someone with no shirt on and a swimsuit. It happened last Thursday.

Formal Night and Cruise Elegant, RIP.

Amen. Time to stop these absurd discussions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums