Quick New Years Freedom Review

Aidenspoppy

Embarkation: was smooth and easy! Check in times enforced!!

Ship: clean and nice but felt a little jumbled and not easy to navigate

Crew: Outstanding!!

Food: Amazing!! No table clothes except on elegant nights. No big deal.

Ports: Key West, Nassau, Freeport. KW was so much fun, rented golf cart and drove around. Blue Heaven key lime pie was heavenly!! Nassau, we shopped ALL day but seemed like time flew by. Straw Market is. On e in a lifetime experience, don't even think about entering if you are easily intimidated. Freeport, did Carnival excursion to beach and was very surprised at how nice it was.

Debarkation: we did self assist and was very fast. Get a porter and skil the line!!!

Cruise Director: Malcolm. I said in an earlier thread that I had never been impressed by a CD, but Malcolm was good! Everything he was a part of was fun but he was not everywhere. He was calm and not on the speaker every few minutes. His help, the rest of the entertainment staff was HORRIBLE!!!!

Embarkation: was smooth and easy! Check in times enforced!!

Ship: clean and nice but felt a little jumbled and not easy to navigate

Crew: Outstanding!!

Food: Amazing!! No table clothes except on elegant nights. No big deal.

Ports: Key West, Nassau, Freeport. KW was so much fun, rented golf cart and drove around. Blue Heaven key lime pie was heavenly!! Nassau, we shopped ALL day but seemed like time flew by. Straw Market is. On e in a lifetime experience, don't even think about entering if you are easily intimidated. Freeport, did Carnival excursion to beach and was very surprised at how nice it was.

Debarkation: we did self assist and was very fast. Get a porter and skil the line!!!

Cruise Director: Malcolm. I said in an earlier thread that I had never been impressed by a CD, but Malcolm was good! Everything he was a part of was fun but he was not everywhere. He was calm and not on the speaker every few minutes. His help, the rest of the entertainment staff was HORRIBLE!!!!

Thanks for the report.

I'm guessing this may be your first time on a Carnival cruise if you found it difficult to navigate the ship since the layout is the same or similar on many of the ships (e.g. Triumph and Conquest classes). The good news is that if you go on another Carnival cruise, you probably will already be familiar with the layout.

P.S. I see you've been on Magic. That would have a different (but not completely) layout.

Edited by cruise pup

I'm guessing this may be your first time on a Carnival cruise if you found it difficult to navigate the ship since the layout is the same or similar on many of the ships (e.g. Triumph and Conquest classes). The good news is that if you go on another Carnival cruise, you probably will already be familiar with the layout.

P.S. I see you've been on Magic. That would have a different (but not completely) layout.

This was our 3rd Carnival Cruise, but still found Freedom hard to navigate. Probably just me.

Let me add, it was also near impossible to find a quiet place to read. I went to the Library and it was full of people playing board games. The Cabana bar was ok but then a group moved in there. I finally resorted to the smoking area on deck 3, even though I don't smoke but again too loud. I told DW next time we are getting balcony, she said "good luck with that"; so I guess I will just suck it up.

I have question- I've heard lots of people say "get a porter"... How does one get a porter on Embarkation/Disembarkation? Is there a formal process? Do you look for people in a certain color shirt? Ask at guest services?

They are everywhere and yes they are in a certain uniform. We didn't use one on embarkation but leaving we were with 10 others. As we came down the ramp the porters were standing at the bottom and you just call them over. They usually have a line dedicated to the porters. You just tip them. Easy and quick

There are several places bith on the port and in town off Duval Street to rent the carts as well as scooters and bicycles. The cost was about $120 for 4 hours, which was long enough. You can drive them everywhere and we did, although parking was a bit of a hassle. We would definitely do it again. We were with another couple so we got a 4 person and they also have 6 person.

I have question- I've heard lots of people say "get a porter"... How does one get a porter on Embarkation/Disembarkation? Is there a formal process? Do you look for people in a certain color shirt? Ask at guest services?

On embarkation, those who handles your luggage on curbside for transfer to ship are the porters. On disembarkation. those who have carts with ID's at baggage claim are the porters and you can approach them.