Pandora and Spotify on Xcelerate?

paulh84

Hello everyone! We're counting down the days to our next cruise on Reflection. Can anyone tell me if they have experience streaming with Pandora or Spotify over the ship's WiFi? Will a VPN be necessary? I know these services typically do not work outside of your home country.

I will start loading my phone with offline music and books if necessary but I would prefer to stream when it's possible if it is an option. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi there,

You may want to consider paying for Spotify Premium for the duration of the cruise. Should only cost $9.99 (or a free trial), and you'll be able to save all the music to your device so you can listen anywhere you are without an Internet connection.

On a recent Solstice cruise late last year my DW and I were able to easily stream both Pandora and Netflix. Only on one occasion was there drop out in Aus-NZ waters and we had great service for 98% of the time. There was very little delay and need for buffering.

With regard to geo-locked regional access this did occur on any of my AUS based TV steaming services (Foxtel Go; ABC iView etc) but not my Pandora (free account) or Netflix. I did note that the Program offer on Netflx was slightly different to what I would get at home (Aust) and I put this down to being allocated a US ( Miama based) URL when using Xcellerate.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by Bagwhan