Hotel in orlando

Kimmer727

Going to be sailing out of Port Canaveral - on Oasis. Is there a hotel in Orlando that has a shuttle to the ship - we want to fly in a day early.

Unlikely to find a hotel in Orlando with a free shuttle to the cruise port, however you might try asking on the Florida Departures forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

We are sailing her in October and I have been researching the same. I haven't found any hotels with free shuttles. I think it's probably due to the time and distance from MCO to Coco Beach.

The cheapest transportation I have found has a set pickup time and it was every other hour. So if you miss it you wait two hours for the next pick up (ain't happening).

I have gotten quotes from a couple of car services mentioned on CC. I am needing transport for 2 adults 2 kids (5&3) with car seats and luggage. The best quote I got was $200 (including tip) for an SUV with inside meet and greet and help with luggage.

If you are only coming in the day prior you might consider staying at the hotel inside MCO and then taking the ship shuttle on sailing day. We have stayed there a couple of times when getting in late or leaving early and it's a really nice place to stay.

A few years ago we did a town car for just two of us from Disney to the port and I think we paid about $140.

Edited by jamesr3939

Also consider a one-way rental car, which can be returned to one of the agencies in the Cocoa Beach area. These agencies have free shuttles to the cruise port. We can typically get a minivan for around $70, plus gas.

There is a brand new hotel called Homewood Suites. You can see the ship from the window. They offer a package with free parking and free shuttle to and from the port. If you wanted to take an uber, it would be $5-$7. We took an uber to the port for dinner one night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

https://www.goportcanaveral.com/services/fly-snooze-cruise.php

We did a fly, snooze, and cruise package. There's some hotels on the list that are in Orlando. It was definitely worth the value.

I stayed at Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area Beach

http://www.cocoabeachportcanaveralhotel.com/

Edited by beaches&sands

We are on Oasis in a couple of weeks. Our flight gets into MCO late so we are staying at the Country Inn and Suites Orlando Airport which has a free airport shuttle. We are then getting picked up at the hotel between 10:00 - 10:15 the next morning by Cortrans Shuttle at $20 per person to be taken to the ship. In the past when travelling with our family, it was more cost effective to pick up a rental car at MCO and drop it off at Cape Canaveral. Just depends on how much luggage and bodies you can fit into your rental vehicle and whether or not you want to drive the 45 min - 1 hour trip on your own.

Does anyone know of a shuttle or bus that goes from Port Canaveral to Lake Buena Vista or International Drive. We are going to spend a few days there after our cruise.

Thanks in advance 🙂

You might try contacting Cortrans, Travelynx, or Cocoa Beach Shuttle. I know they do pick-up and drop at selected hotels.

We are on Oasis in a couple of weeks. Our flight gets into MCO late so we are staying at the Country Inn and Suites Orlando Airport which has a free airport shuttle. We are then getting picked up at the hotel between 10:00 - 10:15 the next morning by Cortrans Shuttle at $20 per person to be taken to the ship.

We are sailing oasis in four weeks and have this same plan (except our hotel is Embassy Suites).

Cortrans has the best price for transportation and wonderful reviews.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Unlikely to find a hotel in Orlando with a free shuttle to the cruise port, however you might try asking on the Florida Departures forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

There may not be a free shuttle, but more than one Orlando hotel have cruise transportation packages. Our normal late flight into Orlando is usually near midnight, so staying there and going across the next morning works a little better.

If you're set on staying in Orlando I recommend just getting a rental car.

The drive from Orlando to Canaveral isn't far, and it gives you an opportunity to explore Orlando outside of the sprawl and theme parks, even if it's just to grab a bite to eat at a local restaurant.

Raddison is one of the best in my opinion

Agree 100%! We have sailed out of Canaveral many times and we always book the Radisson at the Port. They have a shuttle that will take you from the hotel to the port and pick you up upon your return. They have very comfortable beds (Sleep Number) and a great pool area. The staff has always been nothing but friendly. Take my advice and request a ground floor room though!