Trikes Aruba- silly question

birdlord

All the pictures of the Trikes I see on their website don't show a clutch on either a pedal or in the handles -- I understand the trikes are stick shift, which is fine... but is it like a traditional motorcycle stick shift (which normally is shifted through the handle/foot gear shift) or is it more like a car with a foot clutch pedal? Or does it have a clutch at all? I only ask because I learned to drive on a stick (both car and motorcycle) but my husband does not drive a stick and I'd like to share the driving duties/experience, and if there is no clutch per se, that would mean it would be super easy for him.

Edited by birdlord

I had a stick when we did the trike tour in November. The left foot pedal is the clutch, the right is the brakes, and the throttle is the right hand grip as usual. So you shift with your left hand. It took a few minutes to get used to, but after that it was fine. The other two couples with us had automatics. But I thought the red one we had was the most same-sex looking!

It was a blast, by the way!

Sent from my K010 using Tapatalk

Damn auto correct! That should be most "bad-ass" looking!!!

LOL!!:D:D

I just signed up for the trike tour in September. I know it's early, but I wanted to get our reservation in there now so I don't forget later. Plus I like planning things early.

Damn auto correct! That should be most "bad-ass" looking!!!

"we had was the most same-sex looking!"

Not that there is anything wrong with that (that's a Seinfeld reference):D

Edited by BKLYNPONY

LOL!!:D:D

I just signed up for the trike tour in September. I know it's early, but I wanted to get our reservation in there now so I don't forget later. Plus I like planning things early.

Heck, I signed up for December! Actually, at one point last year, I read someone said that sometimes they sell out a whole year in advance, so it's never too early.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for this thread. My wife and I were looking for something different to do in Aruba and this is right up our alley (Can-Am Spyder owners). Didn't know if we'd be able to reserve one since we are about 2 months out from our cruise, but received our confirmation this morning.

We are looking forward to this excursion!

Thank you for this thread. My wife and I were looking for something different to do in Aruba and this is right up our alley (Can-Am Spyder owners). Didn't know if we'd be able to reserve one since we are about 2 months out from our cruise, but received our confirmation this morning.

We are looking forward to this excursion!

That's great news. Let us know how you like it!

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app