Cruising out of Houston....where to stay

biggerbearmom

We stayed at the Comfort Inn Suites in LaPorte last year, and it worked out great--at that time you could park there for the duration of the cruise, and they included a transfer to & from the pier. I don't think they are including the transporation currently.

The port of Houston is in an extremely industrial area, so there are no places really, really close. I think it was about a ten or fifteen minute drive from the hotel--

There are 3 other hotels in La Porte that you can check out. Contact each one at their local numbers below to find out about shuttles and parking.

Best Western

705 Highway 146 S

La Porte, Texas 77571-4835

(281) 471-4040

Fairway Inn

902 Hwy 146 South

La Porte, Texas 77571

(281) 470-2800

La Quinta Inn

1105 Hwy. 146 South

La Porte, Texas 77571-6119

(281) 470-0760

I live in La Porte, so let me know if you have any questions.

Jana

that's the problem. i haven't decided what to do yet. my thought was to take a shuttle from hobby & stay in la porte so to not to have to go too far the day of. but never having been to the greater houston area i wonder if i'd be better off staying in houston. please advise as i need help in figuring out what to do.

p.s. after reading what others have had to say about this particular ship (the ncl dream) i am worried that i made a costly mistake.

Don't worry, you will have a very nice cruise. NCL is the only cruise line leaving from "Houston". Get a Texas/Houston map, the terminal is located east of the City at "Barbours cut" which for all purposes is LaPorte Tx. If you want to check out the area, you will need a car. LaPorte is a small town with not much to do except Friday night high school football.

The most interesting landmark in the area is the San Jacinto Momument and battleground. Also the Battleship Texas is across the road from the Monument. Just north of the Monument is the "Monument Inn" and they serve very good seafood. The Inn is located on the ship channel and you can watch many ships pass by as you eat. The Monument is not hard to find as it can be seen from LaPorte, Deer Park etc. If you stay in LaPorte you are talking about a 4 or 5 mile drive to get to the area. I live in Deer Park which is just west of LaPorte.

Archived