NEW TO PRINCESS FROM CELEBRITY, WILL I BE HAPPY?

mtjlr

Our Celebrity 1-28-05 cruise on the Summit was cancelled, so we have switched to the Sun Princess. We have never sailed Princess before, so would be grateful for any information and encouragement about Princess. Thanks!!

Will you be happy with Princess? Yes ... if you want to be. We sailed the Summit last June and loved it. A beautiful ship, great service and great meals. On Princess you might find the meals a touch lower quality than Celebrity but Princess makes up for it with the extra entertainment opportunities each evening. They each have their differences but I don't think you could say one was truly superior than the other. Happy sailing!

Our first cruise was on the Grand, and we got hooked! We have been on the Voyager and recently did the Constellation. Celebrity by far, in my opinion,has the best food. Princess wins hands down for the entertainment factor. You have the ability to do as much or as little as you like. Celebrity had fewer options in regrards to nite time entertainment.I found myself bored during the evening hours. But there are those people who like a more subdued atmosphere. Like the other poster said....go with an open mind and enjoy!

SRES.gif

a008.gif

"Attitude is the minds paintbrush. It can color any situation."

Chester said it best,Celebrity may have a slightly better dining experience to offer but Princess more than makes up for it with better entertainment.

Keep an open mind towards change and just go experience what Princess has to offer...you'll have a great time!

"a bad day at sea is better than a great day at work and a lousy day at sea is still pretty damn good!"

We found that on Celebrity there are certain amenities that u wont find on Princess. Nicer spread for Breakfast and Lunch(Buffet, separate ommelette station (not smack in the middle of the buffet line), also separate pasta station, little things like that, also the desserts on the buffet, more specialty cakes on Celebrity rather than finger cakes and cookies on Princess. Also we found the food and choices much better on Celebrity. We enjoyed sailing with Celebrity and Princess very much, but our first choice would be Celebrity. Also, the towels at the pool, on Celebrity you can take as many as u want, on Princess, you have to take the two pool towels from your room whenever you go to the pool, beach, etc. It made a difference, may not to some, but after coming out of the pool, laying down on a dry towel, is better than laying down on a wet one that you just dried yourself off with. YOu will definitely LOVE BOTH SHIPS. ENJOY.

p.s. WE LOVED THE HEALTHY BUFFET WHICH IS IN THE INDOOR SPA, THAT IS A PLUS!

we have been on Celebrity a few times, the last being Nov. of 2003 on the Constellation. We had an S suite and we loved it.

we have been on Princess 17 times and love it even more. I happen to like the food on Princess more, I live for the Souffle's!!! And yes their night time activities are more numberous then Celebrity and I also think their DAYTIME activities outshine Princess. Would I turn down a great deal on Celebrity?? No way!! Do I prefer Princess?? Yes!

Therese

Thanks for the responses. We will definitely keep an open mind for this cruise. We were very disappointed when the Summit was cancelled, but are also looking forward to trying a different cruise line after 7 times on Celebrity. Thanks again.

I've done 4 on Celebrity, 2 on Princess and 1 on HAL. My personal choice if all three were going the same time/place would be Celebrity, however, I have enjoyed both of my Princess cruises as well. I dont think there is a huge difference in the two, other than the dining room details. Celebrity does some things better as mentioned, and Princess does other things better. (24 hour buffet and pools open) Both were very enjoyable.

I'm having withdrawal. Need help!

Archived