Oasis of the Seas- Best Dining/Show options

My husband and I are booked on the Oasis in November. The only options available for dining were 8pm and My Time Dining. We chose 8pm, mostly because I need to eat gluten-free and I thought having a consistent waiter and time would make that easier. My first question is, is that the case? Would My Time Dining (with a different waiter each night possibly) be ok?

I'm also kind of regretting the 8pm choice because I'm seeing that most shows are at 7:30 and 9:30. Doesn't seem possible to make it to either with an 8pm dining time. Does anyone have experience with this dining time and making it to the shows?

Am I able to ask for a table for two now, or do I need to wait until boarding?

With My Time Dining, they assume you want a table by yourselves. However, you may want to visit the MTD desk when you board and confirm that. Nothing to do pre-cruise.

You can make a MTD reservation and then request the same table with the same waiter. We have done it many times when we were seated at a location we liked and a waiter we liked. Same table, same waiter entire cruise. We did that both times we sailed the Jewel. You do not have to book the same time each night. On recent Oasis cruise and on future Brilliance cruise we choose 730 because we wanted to go to Diamond Lounge before dinner.

Yes, 8 PM is going to be tough for dinner some nights. The length of time for a meal varied but the average was 1.5 hours. You need to be there 15 minutes early (earlier if you want a better seat) or you will only get in if there are stand by seats left. You need to take in to consideration travel time to the shows also. The MDR is at the rear of the ship and most shows are at the front. Here were the show times from last week:

Cats- Night 1 and 2 at 8:45 PM; Day 7 at 2:30 PM

Oasis of Dreams- Night 1, 3 and 4 at 7:30 and 9:30 PM (our night 1 was cancelled and moved to night 3 and those were cancelled as well, did see it night 4 but had to cancel our comedy club reservation for night 4 to go)

Headliner- Night 3 at 8:30 PM and Night 4 at 8:30 and 10:30 PM

Come Fly With Me- Night 5 at 7:30 and Night 6 at 8 and 10 PM

Frozen in Time- Night 2 at 7 and 9:30 PM, Night 5 at 8:30 and 10:45 PM and Day 7 at 3 and 5 PM

Adult Comedy Show at the Opal- Night 7 at 10 PM (no reservations)

Comedy Club- MAKE a Reservation. This venue is way too small for the number of people on board and how many want to see the show. It was the same comedians all week and there are various show times for the CC. The show I saw at the CC was totally different from the show at the Opal night 7 but it was with the same comedians.

My husband and I are booked on the Oasis in November. The only options available for dining were 8pm and My Time Dining. We chose 8pm, mostly because I need to eat gluten-free and I thought having a consistent waiter and time would make that easier. My first question is, is that the case? Would My Time Dining (with a different waiter each night possibly) be ok?

I'm also kind of regretting the 8pm choice because I'm seeing that most shows are at 7:30 and 9:30. Doesn't seem possible to make it to either with an 8pm dining time. Does anyone have experience with this dining time and making it to the shows?

Whew! That question sent me to check my reservations. Thankfully, no conflicts with Cats, Oasis of Dreams, Headliner show (comedian?), Come fly with me and Frozen in Time. I have some extra fee dinners booked but will also take advantage of the place where Crown Loft suite guests can eat anytime.

For such a short cruise we may have too many activities! We may need to boom a dipo nothing cruise just to reciver from this one in Aprin!:eek::D

Edited by FireStation46

I know I've seen this question answered before but cant locate it. We have a Western Caribbean cruise booked on Oasis foe Presidents Day week 2018. When does "stuff" (specialty dining, entertainment reservations, drink plans, etc) show up on the cruise planner?

I know I've seen this question answered before but cant locate it. We have a Western Caribbean cruise booked on Oasis foe Presidents Day week 2018. When does "stuff" (specialty dining, entertainment reservations, drink plans, etc) show up on the cruise planner?

revised response, below

Edited by FireStation46

I did a reality check on my reservation. I see i booked speciality dining 8/16 for a 4/17 cruise. The Spa stuff I booked 10/16 for the 4/17 cruise. I went through C&A desk and booked all shows January 4th

And thanks to your inquiry and my double checking, I just booked the comedy show for 4/24!

Edited by FireStation46

We did MTD on our Eastern cruise on Oasis in October. I made reservations for a specific time each night depending on our entertainment/evening plans and we sat in the same area and had the same wait staff the four nights we ate in the American Icon Grill.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

These are the times we have booked in case they are still available in case you are trying to figure what fits your schedule:

4/23/17 8:45 pm CATS

4/24/17 10:30 pm Stand up Comedy

4/25/17 9:30 pm Oasis of Dreams

4/26/17 8:30 pm Headliner show

4/28/17 8 pm Come Fly with Me

4/29/17 3 pm Frozen in Time

I have no idea what the oasis of dreams and headliner show is all about, the others seem obvious to this cruiser:eek::D

Edited by FireStation46

I think Oasis of Dreams is the show in the Aqua Theater. It's a don't miss.

I don't do the entertainment except on Oasis. That show and Frozen in Time were excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app