Price to visit ruins?

malcruiser

What is the entrance fee for San Gervaisio? Is it worth it? Do you have a guide or can you pay to have one? What is the average taxi cost to get there from downtown?

I appreciate any help!!!:)

I will check tomorrow with my guides and let you know.

What is the entrance fee for San Gervaisio? Is it worth it? Do you have a guide or can you pay to have one? What is the average taxi cost to get there from downtown?

I appreciate any help!!!:)

Okie dokie...talked to the jefe (boss) out there a while ago in my office.

entrance fee - about $7 u.s. (there is a federal fee and a park fee - $70 pesos total)

guide service - depending on amount of people $10-20 u.s.

taxi - $15 one way from downtown (about 15 minutes)

Taxis will wait for you if you ask. A guide is recommended to give you a better explaination of what you are seeing out there...very cool little place with some wonderful history of the fertility goddess, Ixchel. The size isn´t overwhelming and can be viewed in about 1 1/2 hours. There is a small store to get snacks and books.

Thank you so very much for your sleuthing! I can't wait to get to Coz and seeing some ruins is high on my to do list. All of your comments on other posts have also helped me immensely in planning my trip. I've got some SpagettiO's with your name on em!:)

Oh hot diggity dog! I just love those O´s. I was just out at San Gervasio about 2 hours ago and although there are alot of trees that are abit naked...they are already starting to leaf out again. So give mother nature another week or so and things will be looking real green. And of course, the ruins themselves are just fine. Those little Mayans sure knew what they were doing when they built their cities!!!

Archived