Redeeming old Next Cruise Certificate - need help

Hello!

I just redeemed a very old Next Cruise Certificate that I purchased way back in December 2011 and applied it to a cruise finally. It was so old the CS rep couldn't find it, but luckily I had it written down. He found it once I read him the confirmation. I know the terms have changed a few times since then and I was wondering if you guys can help me figure out what the old terms were. I tried doing a search and I believe I found a link to the terms that apply to me, but maybe I'm wrong.

1) There is a date of 12/30/11 on the bottom of this link so I'm thinking it might be this one. Does anyone know if this is the right one?

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/11022730_onboard_revenue_NextCruise_offer.pdf

2) It looks like if I book a 9 night cruise and according to the link above, I will get $100 OBC. However, my confirmation email from RCCL has a chart on the bottom that says for Balcony/Junior Suite 8-10 nights, I should get $150. I don't think that applies to me?

3) Does anyone know when the price drop refunds changed? Does my certificate still go by the old rules where I can still request price drops up to 72 hours before?

4) Also, I could've sworn my Next Cruise Cert comes with two friends and family vouchers where they would receive the same OBC as me. The rep I was speaking to had no idea what I was talking about, not surprised, but I want to be sure before I call again and ask.

5) Under the old terms when I bought my next cruise certificate, was I able to change the sailing date as many times as I want? The CS rep told me I am only able to change it once without losing my benefits. Not sure what that means. This is new to me. I haven't been on Royal for a very long time so I forgot what's what =(. I've been cheating and sailing on Celebrity/Azamara/Disney.

6) Also, when did the balcony discount change? I remember back then it was $300, but now it is less. Do I get the current balcony discount rate or the old balcony discount rate when I first bought the Next Cruise Certificate?

Thanks in advance! I'm sorry for all the questions. I hope someone here can help. It is much appreciated :)

Price drop policy changed on 5/17/2010.

Friends & Family certificates were discontinued in 2013, so you should have two you can use.

You should be able to change ship and sailing date as many times as you like.

These were the terms in effect when you purchased your certificate:

Platinum Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$ 50* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$200* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200* for sailings of 15+ nights

Emerald Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$ 75* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$125* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$225* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$225* for sailings of 15+ nights

Diamond Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$125* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$225* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$325* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$325* for sailings of 15+ nights

Diamond Plus & Pinnacle Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$150* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$250* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$350* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$350* for sailings of 15+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from each dollar amount.

OBC From Booking On Board

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

Clarea! Thanks so much!!! I appreciate you taking out time to answer my many questions.

I found another Next Cruise Certificate that I didn't use yet! This time, CS was able to find it in their system. Turns out I bought one in December 2012 too. Do you know if what you said in your previous post applies to my December 2012 Next Cruise Certificate too? I'm thinking yes?

Clarea! Thanks so much!!! I appreciate you taking out time to answer my many questions.

I found another Next Cruise Certificate that I didn't use yet! This time, CS was able to find it in their system. Turns out I bought one in December 2012 too. Do you know if what you said in your previous post applies to my December 2012 Next Cruise Certificate too? I'm thinking yes?

Not 100% sure, but the next change I see for the on board booking terms is in March 2014.

Thanks.

Do you think there was another change in 2013? I found this link searching in the forum. In the fine print, there is a 5/29/13 date.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/NextCruise/13033003a_NextCruise_OpenBooking_Form_US.pdf

Maybe the mods could let us create a sticky so we can put all the the Next Cruise info in there since I'm sure a lot of us still have some laying around.

Edited by cruisingpluto

Thanks.

Do you think there was another change in 2013? I found this link searching in the forum. In the fine print, there is a 5/29/13 date.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/NextCruise/13033003a_NextCruise_OpenBooking_Form_US.pdf

Maybe the mods could let us create a sticky so we can put all the the Next Cruise info in there since I'm sure a lot of us still have some laying around.

The OBC numbers look the same as the ones I posted above.