Carnival Gibbs Cay and stingray and beach excursion

Heather1972

Hi all -

I'm researching our excursions for our August cruise on the Vista. We've been to Grand Turk before. I'm looking at the Gibbs Cay/stingray/beach excursion offered through Carnival. I read on a post 3 years ago that they go out to the snorkeling place and leave those who don't want to go on Gibbs Cay. Is this still the procedure? I have no interest in snorkeling, I just want to stay on the beach.

We did this excursion in 2015 via the Carnival Sunshine.

It was a good excursion and everything was done from the beach so you could remain there if you didn't want to snorkel if that's how they still do it. The beach was very nice and on the southwest side of the cay. There was also a walking trail to the top of the hill that offered a great view.

Edited by coondog99

We did this excursion in 2015 via the Carnival Sunshine.

It was a good excursion and everything was done from the beach so you could remain there if you didn't want to snorkel if that's how they still do it. The beach was very nice and on the southwest side of the cay. There was also a walking trail to the top of the hill that offered a great view.

Thanks for the response. =)

• 4 months later...

Hi! Bumping this up as we're going in August and I"m trying to figure out if we should do this excursion, or book one privately. Is the cruise ship excursion really super crowded and rushed, as I've read on other threads? We will have 3 kids, two of whom are experienced snorkelers, and one is a beginner.

It wasn't that busy or rushed when we were on it in 2015 unless they have changed parts of it: Tender to Gibbs Cay, Stingray interaction, snorkelling, return to the island.

If it's a strong west wind, the snorkelling may not be the greatest as there will be a lot of chop.

If you are looking for snorkelling only, take an excursion that heads to the "Ledge" as it would be better.

Edited by coondog99
error