Jewel Questions

flalady

1. Are self service laundry facilities available on the Jewel?

2. I know the liquor policy, but what about bringing non alcoholic beverages on board?

There are laundry facilities on the Jewel for you to use.

You can bring Non-alcoholic beverages on board.

1. Are self service laundry facilities available on the Jewel?

2. I know the liquor policy, but what about bringing non alcoholic beverages on board?

We recently used the self service machines on the Jewel, Deck 9, around cabin #9088. If I recall accurately, they were located starboard side, forward from the center elevators/staircase, inside of the hallway. The markings on the door are very subtle, I think they say "sefl service launderette". We knew it was there, and still missed it on our first pass. Deck 10 was located opposite #10082, and Deck 11 was similarly located. I understand there was also one on Deck 5.

Washers and Dryiers are no charge, while Tide powder detergent was $1.00; you will need quarters for the Tide.

We were on The Jewel Sept 18-29. We also used the self service laundrettes. We were on Deck 10 and the laundry was in the same postion as on deck 9. Just to let you knw that there areonly 3 washers & 3 dryers in each laundrette so you have to plan your laundry time carefully.

Also NCL does not want you to find these laundtrettes. The door to each of them is flush with the wall to the point that you can easily go right by it. The sign designating it is in the upper left hand corner of the door and the sign is very tiny. Good news is they work very nicely.

Good luck.

We were on The Jewel Sept 18-29. We also used the self service laundrettes. We were on Deck 10 and the laundry was in the same postion as on deck 9. Just to let you knw that there areonly 3 washers & 3 dryers in each laundrette so you have to plan your laundry time carefully.

Also NCL does not want you to find these laundtrettes. The door to each of them is flush with the wall to the point that you can easily go right by it. The sign designating it is in the upper left hand corner of the door and the sign is very tiny. Good news is they work very nicely.

Good luck.

Sign is not that small you need to look up. Pictures of the laundries on the link below my signature. Rooms same location deck 5,6,10,and 11

2005573903_JewelTALaud.jpg.20ff8cb21ad4e0aff97d92760291a0d8.jpg

It amazes me when people say self service laundry facilities are not important. They were certainly being used on our last cruise. I give NCL credit for at least giving their guests the option to use them if they choose. Unlike certain other cruise lines. Over the course of 11 days I did laundry twice, late at night. Certainly beats having to pack extra clothes.

Shoreguy' date=' or any other past cruisers, does the Jewel have the fill the laundry bag special? If so, how much?[/quote']

The Jewel did not have such a special on our recent New England/Canada cruise. We kinda counted on it, but were also prepared to use the launderette, which we did one time. We went one night about 9 pm, and none of the machines were being used. It seemed to get busy after us, in fact one lady who we helped, actually folded most of our clothes. It seemed like a cooperative effort that night, everyone helping each other, with instructions, folding, and providing coins for the detergent.

Shoreguy' date=' or any other past cruisers, does the Jewel have the fill the laundry bag special? If so, how much?[/quote']

No laundry bag special on our Jewel either.

A word to the wise...we had a rainy day and heard that the laundry rooms were very crowded.

You may be better off doing evening laundry as TomCT did;)

No laundry bag special on our Jewel either.

A word to the wise...we had a rainy day and heard that the laundry rooms were very crowded.

You may be better off doing evening laundry as TomCT did;)

When we attempted to do it in the afternoon, everything was in use on decks 9, 10 and 11. We went back around midnight and had the entire room to ourselves.

WE did not do the laundry on a rainy day either. I actually took some time out and just went and did it.

Thanks for the picture Shoreguy. I still found the sign small and I knew you had to look up but that was the point. It was not really at eye level.

anyway. Once found it worked well.,

Archived