Train Bargain In Italy

deharry

Until June 30, 2004, two people may board a first class train in the entire system for only a first classs price. Just ask for the "Due Amice" promotion when you are bying a ticket. This will be true from Rome to Civitavecchia or vice versa, for those getting on the ships.

Just a word of warning about the train. First Class trains in Italy, especially the ones from Rome to Civitavecchia are not exactly the Orient Express. The one I took last fall had almost no room for luggage, and there are no porters at the train station in Vicitacecchia and there are no elevators at the terminal--so all the luggage has to be carried up and down the stairs...which took a half hour--making three trips up and back. The taxi still charged 30 Euros for the 5 minute ride to the ship. I thought I was getting a geat bargin by taking the train--- next time, I would arrange a car and driver from my hotel. It would be worth it to avoid the headache! Prince

[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
we just got back from galaxy rome to rome on wed. took trains from rome to sienna in tuscany and port city to rome. 4.60 euros port to rome. free shuttle from cruise ship to train station. 12 bags for 6 of us we piled them up between cars on the train no problem

Galaxy 10 day Rome Next
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;21;19;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100[/img]

Archived