Shore Excursions for YOUNG Kids

marchmama

Hi,

I just found out that our cruise on Radisson's Voyager is redirecting to Belize over its Thanksgiving cruise. Radisson has not posted any shore excursions yet.

I am traveling with a 2.5 yr old & 5.5 yr old. A river / ruin excurision sounds like fun, but I don't know if a tour operator will take a 2 yr old. I think cave tubing is totally out of the question with kids this young.

What would be something we would all enjoy? Any suggestions along with tour operator information would be greatly appreciated!

marchmama, my kids will be the same age as yours when we go next year. I was thinking the cave tubing would be fun, but I can't find any info on minimum age. I see small children in pictures on some websites, but they look a bit older than 2-1/2. The zoo/beach excursion does look like a lot of fun though!

Cave tubing would be way too scary with the pre-school set. It is pretty challenging even for adults. I personally would not recommend it for children under 10 and I know some tours only allow children 12 and older. The water can be swift, there are rocks to avoid, and the caves are pitch black inside.

Returned from the Glory yesterday. Spent Tuesday in Belize. While the hubby's and 4 of the kids were on cave tubing excursion, the mommy's and two 2-year olds went off to the Belize Zoo and Old Belize Museum/Cucumber Beach.

We actually had a really cool time at the zoo. The zoo is small--about 30 animals all together. The Spider Monkeys were amazing to watch. We could have done that all day. You got to see the animals really close up. Certainly worth the 40 minute trip out there. (Note--40 minutes, in a car, no car seats...a little scary.)

Afterwards, we went to the Old Belize Museum...interesting for adults--my sister-in-law were completely intrigued--but take my advice on this one...skip the museum and head straight out back to Cucumber Beach. Belize has no natural beaches. This one is manmade. But it is cute as all get out! Nice sand. Warm water. Bar with beer. Fun. We unfortunately didn't have time to spend on the beach because we went through the museum. Don't make our mistake.

By the way, our guide was awesome. Kenmore with belizecruiseexcursions.com. He was personable and had a ton of knowledge. We really had a good time on this one...much better than the cave tubers did as we learned when we all grouped back up on the ship later.

Archived