Please help with questions RE Pigeon Point

carmel

My family (DH, me, DD19, DD14, DD6) are interested in spending some time at Pigeon Point. I looked into the tours but would like to be a bit more flexible than a predetermined time at the beach. I have some questions.

I read that the taxi ride is approx 35 each way per 4 people and probably 7-10 for an additional person. Also, admission fee is 7/pp.

1) Is it easy to grab a taxi and say 'take me to Pigeon Point please?'

2) Is there a 'better' beach that is calmer/flatter because of our 6 yr old?

3) Does one section have more shade than other (for DH to sit and read while girls and I are swimming)?

4) Where do taxis drop you off?

5) Are there restroom/changing rooms available? If so, are they in a particular area of the beach?

6) IMPORTANT - how difficult is it to catch a taxi back to the cruise terminal. Is it something we should arrange with the taxi driver on the way over to come back and get us? Or, is there a way to call a taxi from the park?

Thanks so much.

Edited by carmel

My family (DH, me, DD19, DD14, DD6) are interested in spending some time at Pigeon Point. I looked into the tours but would like to be a bit more flexible than a predetermined time at the beach. I have some questions.

I read that the taxi ride is approx 35 each way per 4 people and probably 7-10 for an additional person. Also, admission fee is 7/pp.

3) Does one section have more shade than other (for DH to sit and read while girls and I are swimming)?

5) Are there restroom/changing rooms available? If so, are they in a particular area of the beach?

6) IMPORTANT - how difficult is it to catch a taxi back to the cruise terminal. Is it something we should arrange with the taxi driver on the way over to come back and get us? Or, is there a way to call a taxi from the park?

Thanks so much.

I think I found out the answer to #6. I read that taxis are readily available to go back to port. Would like confirmation.

My search engine is acting wonky which is why I can't search more of these answers. So thanks for your patience if they have been answered already.

Thanks so much.

A taxi is easily acquired both a cruise port (right outside the terminal building) and at Pigeon Island (outside the main entrance gate). It is approxmately $35.00 and you can arrange with the same driver to pick you up at a specific time. you can check out serenitytvl i believe the provide a tour there. Website states it can be done privately.

We do not have flat beaches, not like Antigua or some of the other Caribbean Island. Pigeon island or Reduit beach would be the top choices with Reduit having the Splash Water Park located there.

Pigeon Island has natural shade and that will depend on the time of the day and where the sun is, but you can move accordingly.

Taxi will drop off at the entrance of the main gate

Rest rooms are located near either one of the small beaches just footsteps away. The staff there will point it out if you ask.

A taxi is easily acquired both a cruise port (right outside the terminal building) and at Pigeon Island (outside the main entrance gate). It is approxmately $35.00 and you can arrange with the same driver to pick you up at a specific time. you can check out serenitytvl i believe the provide a tour there. Website states it can be done privately.

We do not have flat beaches, not like Antigua or some of the other Caribbean Island. Pigeon island or Reduit beach would be the top choices with Reduit having the Splash Water Park located there.

Pigeon Island has natural shade and that will depend on the time of the day and where the sun is, but you can move accordingly.

Taxi will drop off at the entrance of the main gate

Rest rooms are located near either one of the small beaches just footsteps away. The staff there will point it out if you ask.

Many thanks!