Sapphire Beach

alb38

This will be my first time on St Thomas and I am thinking of doing a little shopping and then going to a beach to relax. I first considered taking ferry to St John but figured for this time I would stay on St Thomas. I have read great things about Sapphire beach - can anybody give me details....are there chairs at this location?

We were there last week, our third trip to St Thomas. Twice previously we went to Megan's, this time decided to try Sapphire. Though nice, it was not a better choice for us. Some snorkellers seemed very happy with what they found, though.

The water was choppier, the swimming area somewhat rocky and the area more commercial and busy.

We spoke to several other couples on ship who were very impressed and satisfied with St Johns, though several were less happy about the time and expense of the taxi/ferry/taxi travels to and from the beach there.

Archived