Adventures Ashore Port Guides

lisabor

This will be the first cruise for my husband and I, so please excuse me if this question seems silly.

I was looking at the Princess website and see that they have Port Guide pdf files for each stop on the Shore Excursion page. These seem pretty handy. Will we get a copy of these on the ship or should I print them out and bring them with us?

Thanks!

Star Princess - Barcelona to Venice

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;6;9;0;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100

[This message was edited by lisabor on 05-28-04 at 11:01 AM.]

Have you received your pre-cruise docs yet? You should get a Shore Excursions brochure included with those.

No question is silly. That's why we lurk here, to answer questions and have a good time! icon_smile.gif

Actually, I did get the Shore Excursions booklet in the mail so I have that. But what I meant was the "Port Guides" which have background on the city, maps, places of interest etc. Seems like they have one for each destination.

You get to them on the Shore Excursion page when you click on "Click here to view a more detailed guide of your selected port".

I can print them out to bring, but hate to lug them all the way to Europe if they are going to give them to us onboard anyway.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;6;9;0;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100

I have been on six princess cruises and have never received those port guides. When I get to a port I go the local visitor's center and find booklets that way. By the way no question is too silly. Haave fun on your first cruise.

Marilyn

Hi Lisabor!! Welcome to Princess. Congratulations on your first cruise. You are going to love the Star!! icon_smile.gif When you get home, please let us know how it went!! icon_cool.gif

Sue

7 days on Star Princess 10/24

GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY..... GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

The port guides will be almost impossible to avoid, in my experience. The map is handy and the port agent is listed there (I usually tear those two things off and put them in my pocket), the rest is primarily thinly-veiled advertising. You should get one in your mailbox before you dock, you can get them at the port talks, you can get them at the tour office, and your port advisor will be passing them out at the gangways.

"I'm gonna book myself on that Princess Cruise."

-- Fox Mulder, X-Files 'Three Words'

There should be a folder in your cabin with all the port guides waiting for you when you arrive. It's yours to keep and a handy place to stash your Patters. Each port guide has a brief history of the port, a map, information on getting around and suggested sights.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Maggie icon_smile.gif

Excellent! Thank you for the info! This message board has been so very helpful. I was a little nervous about the trip earlier, but after hanging around here reading for a few months, I feel like I've already been on a cruise icon_smile.gif

Also thanks so much for the welcome. I will be sure to report on our experiences when we get back. I'm sure we are going to love it!

That will be great, Lisa. If you find you are addicted after the first 2 minuites, don't forget to book on board. $100pp and you will have overcome PCD!! It is really embarrasing to be pulled kicking and screaming from the ship every year. icon_biggrin.gif You will have 4 yrs. to go again or get your money back!! Then you can hang out with us, till the next one comes. It sure helps!! icon_cool.gif

Sue

7 days on Star Princess 10/24

GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY..... GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sue d. miller:

It is really embarrasing to be pulled kicking and screaming from the ship every year. :

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, don't I know!! The stares. The ugly comments. But, sheesh, it's "where I belong." WHY are they kicking me off???? It's very wrong, and I oughtta start a thread about it.

"I'm gonna book myself on that Princess Cruise."

-- Fox Mulder, X-Files 'Three Words'

Archived